Filipina woman with an Egyptian man

Hi guys. I am from Philippines and I really need to hear your thoughts with me and my egyptian boyfriend. He is living in Qatar and late this year or maybe in January, I will come to Qatar for work. It is not that I do not have any job here but I just chose to go there coz I want to and yeah, I'll admit it, coz of him. So, guys, I am really in love with this man but I cannot express everything to him because I felt like he might not like it. He is sweet but that feeling where I can't open myself to him because we are not raised the same. Guys, what should I do? I mean yeah, I love him so much. I wanna express myself but how will I do it? I don't wanna lose him..

#Egyptian men out there, any suggestion?

Ayah1203 wrote:

Hi guys. I am from Philippines and I really need to hear your thoughts with me and my egyptian boyfriend. He is living in Qatar and late this year or maybe in January, I will come to Qatar for work. It is not that I do not have any job here but I just chose to go there coz I want to and yeah, I'll admit it, coz of him. So, guys, I am really in love with this man but I cannot express everything to him because I felt like he might not like it. He is sweet but that feeling where I can't open myself to him because we are not raised the same. Guys, what should I do? I mean yeah, I love him so much. I wanna express myself but how will I do it? I don't wanna lose him..

I am not an Egyptian, and I know Qatar only fleetingly.

But first of all you should reserch about the women's rights in this part of the world.

I can't imagine at all that a Filipino woman can really feel comfortable in this area.
The culture shock will be immense.

That's just my personal opinion.  But I have rarely misjudged anything in my life so far.

Thank you for your opinion. But do not worry about the culture shock. I am sure that I can handle it since I have been exposed to different cultures during my college days and even at work. And, I think I can manage because we both are in the same religion. This time, I really wanna know how will I show him my love without ruining things? I think. I know this could be a very simple question but I am just worried because I do not know how would he love me to express it.

Hi i am Saran from Nepal. In my opinion, if you love some from your heart then it does not matter about country, religion, economy etc. If two people from different country wants to be together then its natural that there will be many things different from each other but it depends upon us. I used to be in relation with an Indonesian girl. Though she wants to marry me but she was not ready to change herself in hindu religion and live with me. And she does not seems to love my everything. Love is not about face or anything  but if you love someone from heart accept everything and she seems not interested in my religion and she dont likes it so, she just broke with me....

Talk to him, tell him all your thoughts & fears, ask him for an advice, I think this is the best way to go on & also I believe he will help you much to pass that issue without ruining anything

You should do what makes you happy and what you want. Be yourself. If you can not do that with someone, then you're probably not with the right person. I would suggest express everything to him, open yourself to him. Be who you are. If he doesn't like it, then you know it's best to leave. So go talk to him, and see what happens. Don't waste time.

just be careful so that you don't end up broke/ broken heart
remember that hes your boyfriend not your husband
listen to your brain and not to your heart
if he really loves you there's no need to express yourself

A relationship, ANY relationship, is a bond between two different persons. Those differences will, at times, inspire and, at other times, bother. It depends on the partners how they deal with them.
An intercultural relationship is the same, just the differences are more - and you need to work harder to prevent them from becoming a problem!
Thus an intercultural relationship is more difficult (and more of them fail), but it can be more rewarding and more interesting than a marriage of (nearly) equals.
All this is very difficult to judge in the beginning - and through the rose-tinted glasses of someone newly in love. Therefore, I recommend you to stay with him for some time (not just a few months), live together if possible, get to know him (and he you) in every detail, before you make any longer-term commitment that you might regret afterwards.
Many people, without realising it, want the partner to  change. Saran Deu above is a typical example: He claims "if you love someone from heart accept everything" but then he could not accept that she wanted to keep her own religion (and identity). She was right to separate from him. And so should you if you feel controlled, pressurised or otherwise uncomfortable with your boyfriend.
Good luck - and have a happy life!

In my opinion as Arabic Woman,Don't be rush.
The Oriental Man Not as you think SO make sure of his love for you first❣️

Ayah1203 wrote:

I just realized something I didn't earlier. I guess you're planning to travel to a foreign country, to meet someone you only know online. If that's the case, I would be careful. Is there an opportunity for him to visit you?

frawla wrote:

In my opinion as Arabic Woman,Don't be rush.
The Oriental Man Not as you think SO make sure of his love for you first❣️

As an oriental man, i would like to tell you that not all men are the same. I made a life changing for my Thai wife to be with her, i left my job sold my Car and left my country just to be with her because she didn't have the right to work in my country, and wanted to continue working in Bangkok so i didn't let her lose her job or travel and stay away from her family instead i've changed mine.

Actually I am not really comfortable that's why I am asking.

I hope all men are like you. But nways, lets put an end with this. He is gone now. I haven't heard anything from here for quite a few days and I don't even know the reason why. It breaks my heart but I can say it's a blessing in disguise coz if it gets longer between us, I might have a hard time moving on.

go Ahead dear , power of love is much stronger than any thing else , i traveled to the Philippines 3 times and we are not that different   , if you really love him and you know that he love you as well so don't  hesitate 

wish you all the luck

omg am sorry to hear that , but make sure he is not having any problem before assuming anything

Thanks Ahmed. But it's over now. He's gone for few days and I keep reaching out yet he is not replying. Well, I think it's a blessing in disguise. If it took a little longer between us then it could have been very hard for me to move on.

No. I am not travelling there to meet someone. Before we met I wanted to work in Qatar and it sooo happen that I got the post. I am glad coz I know he is there. However, now, he is gone. I never heard of them these past days and I don't even know the reason why.

I really don't know the reason. I am not mad coz I wanna here his side first.

Hi,

I'm shiv from India. I read your posts and replies. One thing I couldn't clarify was ... Does both of you love each or is it only you? .. depending on that I can answer

If he doesn't contact you often and try to open up to you like you are to him then he probably isn't invested in this enough, moving to another country is a difficult thing, I've tried it, and unless he's really into you and is willing to go the length then you are better off staying in your country rather than moving to give a try to something that isn't working very well.

That's a pity! I'm sorry for you.. hope you'll find someone that really cares for you soon 💕

That's the " Love in the time of internet !!! "  :| 

Hope he will answer you soon ....

Its good that you found out soon before you went there. He does not reply to you then maybe he is running away. Online stuffs are hectic unless if you two would have met even once. But anyways you will get a better person to care for you. Personally i wouldnt bother myself to text him again if he wasnt replying🙂

I wish every guy would be like you. God bless dear

What is your real question? I dont get it, is it how would you show your feelings for him? He is your boyfriend right? If he really loves you even on chat and phone calls he would know if you love him or not and whatever is in ypur thoughts you have to talk to him and tell him everything about you for example your past in order to avoid issues in the future, egyptian and any arabs hate secrets and lies so be openes to him , i am sure he will understand if he really loves you. If you have not met this guy ,please be very careful not all people online are real, you have to know if hes really single And his whereabouts. Good luck and God bless!

Now i knew, he just dissapeared for two reasons either he feels guilty knowing that you are serious to join him in qatar or you would probably know the truth about him. God had saved you from an evil man be thankful not all arabs are good so be very careful, qatar is an open country where everything is available infront of them they dont need to find someone abroad. There is also risk for having relationship with arabs, his family usually wants arab woman for their son so if he dont introduce u to his family then his love is fake.

I believe that some guys are not just capable of loving someone else more than they love themselves.  In their mind women has 2 functions in their lives. The first one is a provider (financially) and a gateway to other countries. The second one is a housekeeper since they grew up having their mom or sister to clean, cook and do household chores for them. That is why most of the egyptian/foreign relationships failed. Not to mention that some foreign women thought they could change their men. My mother told me once that I can never ever change a person but the only thing I can do is to love and accept him and probably hope that he would love me enough to adjust. Egyptian men are proud and often times are good in using psychological defense mechanism without being aware of it and some foreign women needs to be rescued from their present lives and this is another reason why relationships failed.

If was a white man from Australia or USA or UK you would not ask many questions always white man you see them that having dollars I would love to tell you a third world countries treat each other with an underestimate and doubt .
You are not the only women on this world left and he is man if he wont be with you it does not mean that he would not be with someone else.

You are right. But I will still continue going there. The offer is somehow good so why would I waste it over a man who doesn't even know my worth? And in fact, he is out of my life now. So, I will still go there. :) But thanks for the advice.

wish you all the luck dear  :top:

Hi,
I think that if you know him fir a little while, you should know what type of feelings he has for you.
Friends your something else. If it hard to tell you what to do.. But follow your intuition.
Rose

Its the start of the new year ... its your new beginning  :)

best wishes.

You're really cute and beautiful soul so don't worry about your past .whatever happened in your life happens for good so all the best and have a faith on your God .

Hi mr. Ahmed good day i just want to ask what is your requirements when you travel philippine? I have a boyfriend (egyptian) and he want to come in philippine. Hope you can help me. Thank you

Dear Ayah,

As married women, here is my opinion.
My husband is mix Russian and Turkish , he is a surgeon. he got the best career in Moscow, KL and Istanbul. but he choose to left all of that and come to live with me in Bangkok. it been hard for him to get a job as surgeon in Bangkok but Alhumdulillah
( Thanks God ) finally he got one. and he is keep telling me ' it's better that i'm the one who do all of this ' he means it's better that it's not me who have to relocate , travel around , get new job or being far from my family. and Today , i'm completely agree with him.

i don't know how far you have plan with him but if you plan to marry to each other then you might have to think for 2 way

First, if you live in a country that is advantage for him ( about Job, Friend, Opportunities, Languages ) so you must make sure that you really can trust him. and make sure that what's advantage for him it is also advantage for you , if he lives in place that he can earn better to feed himself , you and future kid. then go on. but if not you guys should figure it out where is good.

Second, if you live in a county that is advantage for you ( about Job, Friend, Opportunities, Languages , relations  )  that is absolutely best choice cause of if you will have kid. it is more comfortable for a women to be near to her mum or family. imagine you are planing to move yourself to the place that you can't understand them language, can't talk, can't ask for help. is it danger ? for you , your kid ?

if one day something unpredictable ( for example  he might cheat on you , he might leave you , he might abuse you etc. ) anyway , you are in safe zone.  you got your people around you who will never leave you. 

Imagine , if one day you will have visa-problem when you are pregnant ? of after give a labor ? ... on foreign country ? Don't forget that a man can travel everywhere is very less percent that he will be in danger but you are a women,dear.

if he is truly loves you ... he will be the one who will leave everything for you. he will be the one who THINK to find the way to be with you, he will be the one who manage himself.

the way , you will not go to Qatar is not selfish and it DID NOT mean you didn't love him but it's mean you are loving yourself and you are well-thinker. and that's one of the good character of wife.

Actually when you are In love you naturally forget to carry your brain along.. There is difference btw being in love and loving

Say what you have to say, and if you loose him then so be it, a relationship is suppose to be freeing on most level, not imprisoned by your own thoughts and lack of action

Good on you. Do not chase anyone who has already rejected you once, don't give them another chance to say they no longer want you verbally or otherwise

Ayah120322

Sorry to say hes an Arab females are always and will always be second bet in there eyes please think before you jump

Hi, I have just spent 4 years in Dubai, I've never visited Qatar. This is just my honest opinion, no judgement. Women's rights are non existent in the middle east. Filipina's in Dubai get very little money or respect and seem to run the country, hospitality, hospitals, childcare etc. Dubai is much more free than other countries surrounding it. Egyptian men have a bad reputation. I've been to Egypt, I did not feel safe. They grabbed my privates while my husband wandered around 2 steps infront of me. My mother in law is Muslim and she hates the place because of the men. This is a controversial topic but you obviously have concerns. If you felt you were doing the right thing you wouldn't be asking for advise on Expat.com. Good luck and take care

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR