Proof of income for dutch spouse!

I am married to a dutch citizen and we are living abroad. I sent IND email asking them about the dutch citizenship requirements for married couples. One of the requirements which surprised me that my dutch spouse must have a steady income even I am not moving to the Netherlands. I sent them that I am her supporter and she is dependent financially on me. Then, their answer was as follow:

" It is a requirement that your Dutch wife has a steady income, that shows that she can provide for her family members.

If your Dutch wife does not have a steady income, you do not fulfil the requirements for the application for Dutch citizenship, and therefor cannot submit a request for Dutch citizenship at the Dutch representative in *******."

Please advise

Hi and welcome back to the Forum.

I'm not sure what you're asking us to advise on; you've already gone to the ultimate regulatory authority and been given the information you've provided to us.  I don't think there's anything we can say that will overturn that information.  If you think that you have been provided with incorrect information, then you have the right to appeal.

There are many different visas you can apply for that lead to you obtaining Dutch nationality, it would be more helpful if you could tell us specifically what visa you are applying for; this link is from the IND website and lists them all.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

My intention is get citizenship through naturalization abroad. In the listed requirements there is no such needed document the proof of income of the dutch wife because I am not going to live in Netherlands,  I am just applying for the nationality which I can meet all the requirements except my wife income proof since she is depending on me financially.

Hmmm, interesting.  Follows this link; you may have to go legal, but there is case history that would seem to support you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Cynic wrote:

Hmmm, interesting.  Follows this link; you may have to go legal, but there is case history that would seem to support you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I read the link you posted but you need to have a very large savings to avoid the income requirements. And that is something most people can't.
But for those who can, it is certainly worth to try.

Naarnl wrote:

My intention is get citizenship through naturalization abroad. In the listed requirements there is no such needed document the proof of income of the dutch wife because I am not going to live in Netherlands,  I am just applying for the nationality which I can meet all the requirements except my wife income proof since she is depending on me financially.

Whether you are going to live in the Netherlands or not, is not important, but you still need your wife's financial balance... unfortunately.
Unless you are blessed with other incomes that you can prove not to going relay on the Dutch social security system.

P.s with this reply it made my 5000th post 🎊🎉🎈😜