How to know EP stage1 processing details

Hello all

I'm Niranjan from India and received a job offer from a company in KL,MY. Company applied to MDEC EP Stage 1 process last month 5th sept,2018 as of today no updates. appreciate if any one can guide on typical processing time and procedure to track the status (any website/info??)

Thanks

There is nowhere to check application status online. Indian nationals require a security check and a single entry Visa with Reference (VDR). They also require a medical if salary is under RM5k per month. So the processing timeline depends on a lot of variables. 20-30 working days seems to be the norm if a medical is not required.

Thanks Gravitas!

My salary is  more than 5K,  also company suggested to submit a home country (india) health check report, so submitted that too as a formality.

Since there is no online status check procedure, how do immigration communicate  on queries for status with expat applicant? atleast email/phone, if so whats the details the expat should share to know his/her status.

Thanks

There is no contact with applicant as its the employer who is making the application. Everything is communicated via the employer and online application systems. Employment Passes are always under the auspices of a company and are not individual passes i.e. the EP has to be cancelled if the employment ceases and if moving to a new employer, a new application has to be made under them. This is because companies have quotas and also must have certain incorporation requirements to hire foreigners.