Availability of short term (1-3 months) apartment rental

Hi there,

Have looked quite a bit on web, but still not sure about availability of apartments in Danang for short term stay (1 - 3 months; starting in Oct). My budget is around $450 a month for rent. Studio or 1 bedroom is all I need. (Looks like most apartments are requiring 6 month lease....and I cant commit to that length)

Would be looking for place near Danang city...downtown or near the beach...either are ok...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
P

retep1 wrote:

Hi there,

Have looked quite a bit on web, but still not sure about availability of apartments in Danang for short term stay (1 - 3 months; starting in Oct). My budget is around $450 a month for rent. Studio or 1 bedroom is all I need. (Looks like most apartments are requiring 6 month lease....and I cant commit to that length)

Would be looking for place near Danang city...downtown or near the beach...either are ok...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
P

I'm currently searching the same market (from here in Hanoi) for 1 month rates. My own observations and ideas:

1. Some of the long term Apartments listed here (look for servicing INCLUDED) are also listing a higher "per month" rate on their website. You just have to do the extra search, if you can figure out a domain name or a building/apartment/hotel name.

2. Many of us keep saying this, but unless you have a close, trusted contact here to do your legwork, there is no substitute for face-to-face negotiations ("Everything is negotiable" ~ @Ciambella"). At your price range there are plenty of hotels listed on HotelsDOTcom and Agoda for $15 a night. Use Google maps to do a rough search and then refine with one of those site's active links. You can stay in a hotel for a few days to a week and take your time following step 3...

3. Airbnb appears to be exploding with short-term listings for places also available for a month or more. Many are hotel rooms, some with kitchenette, and fully furnished & serviced Apartments, even including breakfast sometimes. While you are comfortable at your hotel, within 1 km walk to the beach, use Airbnb to identify possible locations. The trick is to make sure you plug in 28 days or more for the date range, in order to get a "monthly" rate.

THEN, use the Airbnb link to contact the owner, and ask to come by in person to view the apartment or hotel room. Airbnb charges them a fee for bookings, so there is a chance you'll get a lower rate in person.

I'm definitely NOT a  Đã Nâng expert, even though I once lived on a hilltop beyond the ridge line, in a "private development" on the outskirts of town AND in exclusive "airport" housing  ;)

These are just tips based on my own experience and observations.

YMMV

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section

yup, appreciate the tips. They are useful. I agree......basically need to be there....it looks like monthly rentals not too hard to find so thats good :)

retep1 wrote:

yup, appreciate the tips. They are useful. I agree......basically need to be there....it looks like monthly rentals not too hard to find so thats good :)

I'm personally going to avoid renting for more than a  month at a time for as long as possible. Some horror stories on here from folks who got stuck in a lease with terrible neighbors, and get no assistance from landlords.

Best of luck to you!

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : please post in the housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your response. I will be in Danang on Friday, so will contact you when I arrive. Yes, I am interested.
Peter

yup...….agree....one month "trial" good way to go...…...

Stayed at Da Nang beach apartment for about 3-4 months (monthly rolling contract) back in 2015-16. It's the one on Le Quang Dao Street. Close to Avatar Hotel. Because it was a newly developed area (back then) it was difficult to find (even for taxis), but if you say near avatar hotel, it was easier.

I stayed 2 nights at daily rate (25 USD p/night), then extended stay monthly @ 400 USD. Of course, rent would be cheaper for 6 month stay, but with noise issues I've encountered throughout my travels, it's always gonna be monthly basis, thank you very much.

thanks for the info. I found that most were wanting 3 months and that was not a big issue for me. found a nice place for $400 (1 bedroom) near the beach.