Town you call home

What town in PR are you living in or planing to move to?

Ceiba on the East coast.

We will building closest to Cidra.

Trying to buy in El Combate, Cabo Rojo.

My mother died October 2, 5 days after hurricane Maria. She was part of the 2975...she had a weak heart and it gave up. I was there during Irma and haven't been there since, not even for her funeral. It's been difficult emotionally for me.

I became an expat member shortly after her death and have read so many of your advice and comments I feel I know most of you. I could never respond because I felt like a hypocrite on a borderline not sure if I would take the plunge or not, even though I had the urge to move to her home to repair it.

Recently my husband and I have made a decision to go. Her home is in Toa Alta in the Quebrada Cruz area. The back half of the roof came off during the storm and no one has lived in it since. My uncles who are in their late 70's and up still live on the land my grandmother gave them. They've been taking care of her home as best as they could.

Not sure when we're going because we need to tie up the ends here in Las Vegas. More than likely we'll rent out our home. Looks like we are going sometime in November to see the damage and get some quotes. Possibly spring 2019 will be the date for us.

EdyNeri wrote:

My mother died October 2, 5 days after hurricane Maria. She was part of the 2975...she had a weak heart and it gave up. I was there during Irma and haven't been there since, not even for her funeral. It's been difficult emotionally for me.

I became an expat member shortly after her death and have read so many of your advice and comments I feel I know most of you. I could never respond because I felt like a hypocrite on a borderline not sure if I would take the plunge or not, even though I had the urge to move to her home to repair it.

Recently my husband and I have made a decision to go. Her home is in Toa Alta in the Quebrada Cruz area. The back half of the roof came off during the storm and no one has lived in it since. My uncles who are in their late 70's and up still live on the land my grandmother gave them. They've been taking care of her home as best as they could.

Not sure when we're going because we need to tie up the ends here in Las Vegas. More than likely we'll rent out our home. Looks like we are going sometime in November to see the damage and get some quotes. Possibly spring 2019 will be the date for us.

Sorry for your lost, one of my elder cousins died also a few months after the storm. Not sure if anybody filled a claim or not with FEMA, assuming your mother had title to the property.

The longer it goes without protection the worse the damage is going to be.

Hope you can make the trip soon.

I live in Vega Baja, north coast.

Palmas del Mar this October. Moving from Houston.

Rey, I applied for FEMA before she passed, they denied our claim and the appeal because she died. Still working on legalities regarding the deed to her home. Once we are there would love to connect with other members.

i live in Camuy

Juana Diaz

I just moved from San Diego to Isla Verde in late July. I'm living in a hotel while I find something permanent in the same area since I work here too. Love it and getting settled more each day.

Aguadilla!

Aguadilla here as well

We're in Hatillo - I'll be returning soon.

:cool:

Guanica!

I am so sorry for your lose. We are now living in Juncos.  Bought our house the end of june