Job Offer in UAE but no Work Permit after taking USD 950 in Visa Fee

I received a job offer from a company in Dubai, UAE that offered excellent salary, benefits such as company accomodation, brand new car, petrol allowance weekly etc. However it gave me just one week time to get the work permit processing done by a travel agency in UAE. It told that it will reimburse visa expenses as well as provide one month salary as advance before I leave India to Dubai. However, after collecting USD 950 for work permit processing, travel agency asked USD 2000 for Health Insurance Certificate for which I did not have funds. Hence they never gave the work permit nor refunded the fee paid for work permit. Is this any type of "fraud" recruitment that is happening ??

Dear Am sorry to say yes . its fraud - scam
no companies asked for this . am sorry to tell you its scam

Please see the offer letter they sent and I accepted

"
This is an Affirmation that your experience and qualifications were
found successful for the requirements of AL SHEIKHDOMS HOSPITAL after
due consideration of your filled online interview and CV/Bio Data
resume. You were selected for the position based on your previous work
experience and your impressive educational accomplishments. We are
thrilled to offer you this position on our team. We are confident you
will thrive professionally while working with our team.

In accordance with our EMPLOYMENT POLICY, we will surrogate your
position with another applicant if you default to submit copy of your
valid 2 Years UAE Work Permit Papers to our office via email on or
before 24th August, 2018. Find attached herewith, Prototype of your
Contract offer letter for your perusal. Upon review and acceptance,
kindly sign on the last page and send back to us a scanned copy of the
Acceptance (Last).

Al Sheikhdoms Hospital is providing you free 2 years Residence VISA,
free First Class Air Ticket for you and your Family if you are coming
with your family, 3 Bedroom Flat Accommodation, free CAR for official
duty and 1 month upfront salary in advance to enable you settle all your
domestic necessities before embark on your journey to UAE this is to
avoid delay, and as such no excuses will be entertained on assumption of
duty relating to default.

You are only liable to pay for your 2 Years UAE Work Permit Paper
processing charges to the recommended travel agency, Al Sheikhdoms
Hospital will reimburse you the expenses you incurred regarding
processing of your 2 Years UAE Work Permit Paper within (5) working days
when you submitted your Fee Receipt copy as proof of such expenses
together with a Copy of your 2 Years UAE Work Permit Papers to Al
Sheikhdoms Hospital office via email and itemized account of
expenditures pursuant to Al Sheikhdoms Hospital policy.

You are requested to contact Quality Service Travel Agency for the
acquisition of your 2 Years UAE Work Permit Papers which will enable you
to legally live and work in U.A.E. Also send the signed Copy of the
Acceptance Last page to the Travel Agency, through their email contact
details below:-

ATTN: MR. JOSE HAKIM
VISA/PERMITS OPERATION MANAGER
QUALITY SERVICE TRAVEL AGENCY UAE
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Telephone: +971525781942
Email: [email protected]

Also update us with the process between you and the Travel Agency in
case of advice where necessary, and ensure you provide them their
requirements quickly for the fastest process from their office.

Meanwhile, there will be a Mandatory Orientation/Training Exercise for
all Newly Employed Staffs which will take place within the Premises of
Al Sheikhdoms Hospital, and this Program will start 3 days on arrival
for work sign-on. Therefore, on resumption of duty you will undergo the
training orientation program with our professional team leaders before
commencing your official assigned duty to enable you understand our
working values, policies, Corporate ethics and also align with our
Corporate vision and mission.

If you require more information, please feel free to contact us
immediately.

Congratulations on your successful emergence!

Best regards,

Dr. James Lukmann
Corporate Manager - Human Resources
Al Sheikhdoms Hospital LLC - Dubai
374 Hatta Hill Park,
P.O.Box 24853 Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971526528591
www.alsheikhdomshospitals.com
"

My USD 950 and 1 week time wasted

It's a scam dear ☹
I got an offer like that some time ago, but i was wise to consult a member of this forum before proceeding to paying any money.
I was adviced against it as I was told no company in the UAE requests money to process work permit. Rather it's the statutory responsibility of the company.
So sorry this happened to you.
I hope you move past it.
Wish you all the best!

No hospital have such names even.
Not allowed by law to ask you money in advance for visa processing.
Do you imagine they will give such offer and cannt pay your visa.
Common.. in all cases hard luck for this. In future you need to take more care.

Scammers do set up fake and temporary websites to confirm their claims. The only thing one can do is to ask someone who is resident in the UAE to help confirm.

As help. I tried to call that number to clarify. But no answer. If he answers I'll try to get you details. But that dose not mean ITS SCAM but let's give a chance. I'll try to help you dear.

Tell me. How you transferred the money. And into which name. To avoid disturbing here for other members ( I don't know if forum allow this ). You Paz send it as private massage.

fadiagri wrote:

As help. I tried to call that number to clarify. But no answer. If he answers I'll try to get you details. But that dose not mean ITS SCAM but let's give a chance. I'll try to help you dear.

I do not know what chance there is to give here. If you know how things truly work in UAE on getting a work visa, you won't be giving false hope.

This is clearly a scam as already stated by others. Am sorry but your money is already gone with the wind.

Mr Flex.
Nothing in UAE gone with the wind.

Nothing lost here. All is controlled. Ppl cannt just steal and run in UAE.

Only ppl who don't know the system here thinks so.
If the money transfer to some one in UAE . Records are kept.

To me me seems you live in KSA not in UAe. So how come you know the system here.

And by the way.
Am not telling him I'll get back your money. But I wanna this Theif to be stopped.
And yes he have hope.
I'll ask you the question Mr Flex.
If this happened with ( and don't tell me it will not as am saying if it happened) .. are you going just to leave that theif!!!!
In all cases. I tried to help to catch a theif. But this somehow annoyed someone.. I don't know why !!!!

fadiagri wrote:

Mr Flex.
Nothing in UAE gone with the wind.

Nothing lost here. All is controlled. Ppl cannt just steal and run in UAE.

Only ppl who don't know the system here thinks so.
If the money transfer to some one in UAE . Records are kept.

To me me seems you live in KSA not in UAe. So how come you know the system here.

And by the way.
Am not telling him I'll get back your money. But I wanna this Theif to be stopped.
And yes he have hope.
I'll ask you the question Mr Flex.
If this happened with ( and don't tell me it will not as am saying if it happened) .. are you going just to leave that theif!!!!
In all cases. I tried to help to catch a theif. But this somehow annoyed someone.. I don't know why !!!!

All i could do was shudder as i read your comment. So take my apology and please do help in the best way you can.  Again my apologies.

These scam sites claim to be in a given country but are usually run from somewhere else so are extremely difficult to catch.
I just ran into a lady who was scammed in Indonesia, but the trial ends in Panama with nothing to say that's where they really are.

These sites are a newish addition to the scammers' methods are are working really well for them so expect more.
The bright side - There are ways to spot them and they ALWAYS ask for cash sooner or later so, the moment they ask for money, block their emails.

Thank you Mr Flex. Appreciated.

Someone has scammed you dear. It will not be easy to identify the person responsible unless you have paid the money to a U.A.E account or used Western Union to transfer the money in the name of someone in the U.A.E. Even more difficult will be to prove that you sent the money to them for the reason that you say you have. You will need all the communication that you have and lots of luck on your side.

The hospital in question does not exist as far as I know. The website seems bogus, and one or two of the pictures (the reception and waiting area) match up to the interiors of a hospital in Sharjah.

This particular type of scam has been in the local newspapers here too, it has been trending to quite a few people in different hospital names, some of them being very well known establishments. Check the links below. Hope you can find a solution and be reimbursed for your troubles!

https://gulfnews.com/news/uae/crime/int … -1.1357821https://gulfnews.com/news/uae/general/f … s-1.468744

www.alsheikhdomshospitals.com

A Nigerian site.
A quick look shows the same people running a bunch of hospital and other such sites, not even bothering to hide their details, assuming they didn't lie on the application for the sites.

People scammed by this one can try the Nigerian police in the faint hope of getting their money back.

First class Air ticket? gosh you believed all that brother

If you want to find job in this country you have to appear in person for interviews. There are lot and lot of genuine good companies. do not just send mail to strangers and send money to people you do not know

I had not been to UAE before. I was reading reports like how UAE has become very rich due to oil and how many Indians have gone to UAE, worked, made money, built very good houses in India. After seeing the appointment letter, I thought this may be the norm in UAE. There are many central govt jobs in India where the officers are provided house, car, even servants. I thought probably this is true in UAE. Appointment Letter was too well formatted. Besides I had never travelled by 1st class Air Travel before. I thought, with my 20 yrs experience in IT, why not ??  But the job offer proved to be not true.

These folks scammed me quick. They gave only 5 days time to issue work permit, I had to transfer money,else the offer will be revoked. Then I got scammed quick