Travelling more than 14 days, tax issue

Hi Gravitas

I landed in KL malaysia on 10th jan 2018 and joined the company on 16th jan 2018.
And I have already crossed 14 days  in multiple trips to India till 2nd July 2018. I made sure that not crossed 14 days in single trip.
I have medical reason and proofs with me for these trips

Now I want to go India more than 14 days in Aug end  to see my father who is admitted in hospital due to heart issues. Can I travel more than 14 days by Aug end to Sept

Please confirm, also if I can travel should I carry medical documents

Also confirm can I go to tax office to get Tax residence certificate tomorrow? As I completed 182 days in malaysia physically and I have medical docs

Once I get tax certificate , am I free to travel (more that14 days) ?

Regards
Manik

The 14 day rule does not apply. It's only used to link* 2 tax years e.g. 2017/18

When you have been in Malaysia for 182 days during 2018, you can take your passport to the tax office and apply for a Certificate of Residence.

*to link years it is a MAXIMUM of 14 days (in total)

Sorry, Does it mean that I can travel more than 14 days after getting tax residence certificate?

Will there be a tax problem if I leave country in 2019?

How long it takes to get residence certificate from tax office ??
What all document I need to carry to tax office

You just have to be in Malaysia for 182 days out of 365 days during 2018 to become tax resident.

Take your passport and a full photocopy, so they can check the in/out stamps. They will be looking for evidence  you have been in country for 182 days during 2018. Make a list of your absences to be helpful, using the passport stampings.

Takes 3-5 working days for the certificate to be issued and then you collect when they advise it is ready.

If you are leaving the country in 2019 before 182 day point, limit personal absences to cumulative total of 14 days.