Filing Tax return

Hi everyone,
I need to know how I can file tax return electronically?  I understand there is a PIN required to do the same.  How can I get the pin and what are per-requisites to get it?

I've annual income of 183k RM. Can you let me know what would be total % of tax at end of year. Further, is it possible to get some tax relief based on House rent ,insurance, medical, etc.

Hi Priyam,

You can obtain the PIN no. by calling their helpline or register online ( check out the website hasil.org.my). You need to inform them your passport no. and income tax reference no.

Please note that the online service for submission of tax return is closed and will reopen sometime end of Feb/early March 2012. 

If you are a tax resident your chargeable income is taxed at progresive rates after claiming of relief.

If you are a non resident , your total income  is taxed at 26% and no relief will be granted.

You can obtain most of the information from IRB website.

Regards

Maya

If you are a non resident , your total income  is taxed at 26% and no relief will be granted.

That's only for your first 180 days working in Malaysia.  After that, your rate is adjusted according to the prevailing tax rate.

For example, if you started a new job in Malaysia on Jan 1 of 2010, you would be taxed at 26% for the first six months.  But if you work the entire year, then your annual tax rate would be the normal rate for your annual salary, according to the tax table...not 26% on your total income.

Your subsequent years of employment are taxed at the normal rates.

Good information on the electronic filing, though.  Thanks for that.