Timeframe for "Calling visa" for Filipinos

Hi,

I was hired by Experis which is the under Manpower Business Solutions Sdn Bhd. I sent all the documents like Passport copies, Pictures and Educ Certs and the like. After that they asked me to do , the Medical, PDOS, POEA requirements by "AL MANAF- (one of the Manpower Agency here in the Philippines"  which is  I already finished last July 9, 2018. Until now, they are saying that my calling visa is still processing. I already asked my friends in Malaysia they are stating that normally it will take 2 to 3 weeks. but its already 5 weeks now.

I also try to check the status in ESD Portal using Company registration of Manpower Business Solutions Sdn Bhd which is 0778148A but "No records found". Is that the correct Company registration number?

I want to know if there's any problem after election?, How many weeks do I need to wait?, and Lastly after "Calling visa" whats the next step?

Please enlighten me,Thanks in advance.

Immigration has been slowed down since Ramadan, Eid and new government. No-one knows the timeframe these days but 2-3 months for Foreign Worker Passes and Category III Professional EPs is quite normal. A new system has also been imposed for hiring Filipinos and it is centralised - so slow and high volume.

After immigration approval and VDR approval (they come from different Ministries) then a document is issued which allows you to collect the single entry VDR from the Malaysian Consulate in your home country.

For Category III, after arrival on VDR there is a second medical which includes Xray and blood tests. If you pass this, the work permit is issued.

Oh I see, My Goodness that's too long., but my Boyfriend just arrived there last May by Emerio. After he was hired, after passing the the documents they already have the "calling visa"  in a  matter of 2 weeks. The Single entry was processed here in the Philippines just for 4 days.

I'm sorry, I'm just a little bit dissapointed, because I thought that would be the same process as mine. DO you know the correct Company registration number so I can check the status using ESD?

The registration number must by law be on your contract.

You don't say much about which system you are being hired under and because its experis I am guessing its either Foreign Worker or Category III (i.e. salary under 5000)

You may not find anything in the ESD database because only direct hirings tend to use that system.

Category I and II Professional EPs seem to be less traumatic.

They provided the Contract for Employment Pass requirement only but the Registration number is not indicated there. They are stating that the Full contract will be provided once I arrive in Malaysia. Oh sorry about that,Yes I'm on Category III.

Until you have had your initial medical, I guess not much progress can be made.

This may be of interest
https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/services/peop … 016%20.pdf

Thank you the reference, I will carefully read it. Thanks for prompt response, I really appreciate it.

Waiting for the calling visa can be quite the ordeal, so my suggestion is to focus on other things in the meantime. Try and have all your plans, documents and other things ready for whenever the next step of the process will happen.

I also was referred to Al Manaf when I got a job in Malaysia about 2 months ago. They will advise you accordingly on all the steps. If you have any questions or concerns, they would be the best to ask.

I cannot reiterate enough to not focus so much on the waiting game as it will drive you crazy. Spend as much time as you can with family and friends. These memories will help whenever you feel lonely here in KL.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply and for the advice,Yeah,all the documents is ready. Al manaf said that i need to wait for calling visa so we can proceed to Visa stamping.

Oh btw, how many weeks did you wait for the calling visa?

I was contacted by Al Manaf on the April 27, and got my calling visa on May 21. That month of waiting drove me insane :)

Woah..not bad. I think im going crazy now..haha..I was contacted by Al manaf last July 9 and im still waiting. Hoping to get some real good news this week.

There are several holidays coming up in Malaysia (22nd and 31st), hopefully this does not affect your processing time too much :)

Oh my goodness gracious..I hope not. *crossing my fingers*.

Does the visa category matters on the processing timeframe? How about if the company has MSC status? Does it make it faster?

What's been reported on this forum earlier is that Category I visas with high salaries so senior positions do seem to get a quicker turnaround.

The MSC status is more for the benefit of the incorporation and taxation of  company. It does not affect recruitment much, except there is a slightly different route through MDEC than ESD.

Hi Gravitas,

Sorry for bringing this topic again. I Just want to know if the 2 to 3 months waiting time for Category III "calling visa" is placed on new process because before it was 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks.

2-3 months (for end-to-end processing) is quite normal. Category III is like Foreign Worker processing except the jobs are skilled. When there is a spike in the number of applications, there is still the same number of officials to process them. So the timeline gets extended. Public holidays also reduce the number of working days available to do the processing. So the backlog gets worse.

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for the reply. Im under Catergory III - Skilled worker. How about that?

What I wrote above is about Category III. Try re-reading.

Yes I know..My employer said that i don't need ISC because im under Skilled worker. Please enlighten me.

The Category III processing takes 2-3 months. End of story.

Only difference Mikesaddi sounds like he is Category II or I (with dependents)

mikesaddi wrote:

Waiting for the calling visa can be quite the ordeal, so my suggestion is to focus on other things in the meantime. Try and have all your plans, documents and other things ready for whenever the next step of the process will happen.

I also was referred to Al Manaf when I got a job in Malaysia about 2 months ago. They will advise you accordingly on all the steps. If you have any questions or concerns, they would be the best to ask.

I cannot reiterate enough to not focus so much on the waiting game as it will drive you crazy. Spend as much time as you can with family and friends. These memories will help whenever you feel lonely here in KL.

Okay,Thanks again. :)

Hi Everyone :) I've been following this page, eversince I've applied for a position in Malaysia Joho. Got hired and they process my Employment pass through mdec. I've waited 2months for the calling visa to be approved. However Iam still uncertain and confused about the things needed to be done. Hr recruiter advised me that my visa is approved and will get it from VFS global Phil. She will send me the document once received from Mdec. I just have few questions to those who undergo the same process with me. Like if you receive it how long will it take for me to leave the country and what are the process? Thankyou so much! 🤗

please help thankyou

Hi Gravitas,
Once the calling visa is done , whats the next step, can already travel to makaysia? Any other dicuments required at phil immigration , appreciate your replies