Visa rules in Saudi Arabia.

Hi, I'm an engineer and wanted to move to Dubai. So I got my degree attested from UAE embassy. But I got an offer from Saudi Arabia company. Now, to attest my degree again the agent is asking me to again go through all the process like HRD, MEA AND THEN SAUDI EMBASSY. And it will take 90 days. So my employer asked me to come on technician visa and they will change in my iqama to engineer visa. As it's better than to wait for months.
So my questions is.

1. Is it possible to change trade/profession  easily now in Saudi Arabia.?
2. If they change then who is going to pay for registration in Saudi council of engineers,me or the company??
3.  Will I be given DRIVING license if I apply in Saudi  under technician visa as I already have Indian driving license.??

Thanks in advance. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Md_abay wrote:

Hi, I'm an engineer and wanted to move to Dubai. So I got my degree attested from UAE embassy. But I got an offer from Saudi Arabia company. Now, to attest my degree again the agent is asking me to again go through all the process like HRD, MEA AND THEN SAUDI EMBASSY. And it will take 90 days. So my employer asked me to come on technician visa and they will change in my iqama to engineer visa. As it's better than to wait for months.
So my questions is.

1. Is it possible to change trade/profession  easily now in Saudi Arabia.?
2. If they change then who is going to pay for registration in Saudi council of engineers,me or the company??
3.  Will I be given DRIVING license if I apply in Saudi  under technician visa as I already have Indian driving license.??

Thanks in advance. Your help will be highly appreciated.

As of today you can change your profession, but no one knows what can happen over the next 2-3 months.
You'll have to bear all costs for profession change, only a few companies bear these costs
License can be applied irrespective of your profession.
Profession is only related to your family visa status, if you don't have a good profession you won't be able to bring your family here.

Thanks for the response. The job title is building technician. But the company is big and said that it will take take of all the things and costs. But only coz of this attestation I'm being told to consider just to save the time as 90 days is too much for me.

Md_abay wrote:

Thanks for the response. The job title is building technician. But the company is big and said that it will take take of all the things and costs. But only coz of this attestation I'm being told to consider just to save the time as 90 days is too much for me.

I would just like to comment on the point of bearing cost of profession transfer. It is responsibility of sponsor to bear all residence permit costs and ensure your title in company matches your profession in the permit. This is exactly why profession change is opened again.

Thank you for the information. The employer also told me the same thing, that it had to match with your iqama and all and thus it's mandatory for the company to change it. But right now Saudi is going through changing times and it is visible in the various changes in current and previous visa rules and regulations. That's why I am in confusion.