Filipino women in jeddah

hi guys im is there any filipina women in jeddah working as nanny

hi im karen is there any filipina women working in jeddah as nanny
hope to hear from you soon

do know them? are you local in jedah?

hope saudi national are kind to filipino nanny

soon i be working with a family in jeddah i just want to know about something about jeddah and its people

mumay wrote:

soon i be working with a family in jeddah i just want to know about something about jeddah and its people

Hello there, for flipina ladies, there are lots of them in Jeddah. If you wanted to get in touch with them. I recommend you get in contact with someone you know working here. It is like a network. Also, you could find members from this country and get to know them. All the best of wishes is to you.

Hello Dear...

Please be aware that "  a foreign maid steps into a world of abuse, overwork, and suspicion. Migrant workers enter Saudi Arabia and most other oil-rich Middle Eastern countries through a system known as kafala, or sponsorship. Kafala has happier roots; it is the Bedouin tradition of granting a stranger temporary refuge and feeding him as long as he wishes. In the modern Arab world, kafala has become an oppressive, non-transferable visa regime, which ensures that a foreign worker can only work for the kafeel, the employer who sponsored his/her visa. On a worker's arrival, the kafeel generally confiscates his or her passport, and the worker is left with little protection." Take care to network with your country,en as soon as you can and know exactly where you are and how to get to your e mbassy..

God Bless You.

I know many families here who treat their help well but I have also seen others who berate and humiliate the nanny when in a foul mood (I was tutoring the children when I observed this).

Your experience will depend on the family you work for--I hope you get a good one.

Thank you for all the bad and good commets
well i think i will be having a good employer
because they are open minded they are actress and director in jeddah

mumay wrote:

Thank you for all the bad and good commets
well i think i will be having a good employer
because they are open minded they are actress and director in jeddah

Most Saudi families are not abusive, except in terms of workload. The workload is not a form of revenge, it is for the fact that lots of Saudi families have large number of kids with different demands and big houses. Lots of the kids have little responsibilities to carry in the house, making matter worse. Parents assist in daily tasks. Mothers cook the food for kids, and may ask you to peel fruites and vegetables and clean the dishes. She will most likely vacuum clean and dust with you (each one takes a room). She might ask you to do the laundary. There are semi-automatic and automatic machines for that, I don't expect it done by hand, yikes!

Kids might need breakfast before getting to work (cheese sandwich or egg sandwich are very common)

I don't remember much how most things were like when I was little, as we used to have a filipina nanny, but I know how my relatives lifestyle is, with children of younger age.

Children wake up to school at 6:30 (sometimes 7:25 AM haha).
They take out their breakfast sandwich that is mostly prepared by the mother or you. At 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM, the mother makes the lunch with your assistance (expect peeling or boiling or frying). Mothers, most of the time, like to keep their special touch on food, so they will do most of the work taking charge of it and of style, especially if the husband is eating lunch, lol.

Annoying kids return from work, they through or hang their thobes (Saudi custome uniform) by the door, take a shower or play console games or PC. Here is laundary time. You collect clothes or through them in the laundary machines.

These same kids are super hungry now, as they most likely had a very active day running, playing, and perhaps studying in school. So, they want to eat. Here the lunch is served. They eat and finish and now it is dishwashing time. Sometimes there are dishwashing machines and sometimes there are not (My aunts have them, and my mom does not like them. She says they do not clean). Expect 70% of the dish cleaning.

The left over from lunch is fed to the poor man returning from work. He then snores and hibernates to sleep.

After that I don't expect anything to do until 8:00 PM to 9:30 PM time, dinner time with similar scenario.

On weekend, expect dusting and vacuuming of living rooms (around 2 hr work. There is no school on weekend, thank God! Usually guests bring their own nannies with them, especially if there is a festival, so things get way easier, and perhaps less sucks on weekend.

I don't know how these ladies do it, I don't like kids; they're really annoying little things...

I like this optimism. Here are some advices, just to be on the safer side.

1- Know the family well. Try to contact them. Ask them how many children they have living in the house and how many bedrooms are there.

2- I believe you have the right to get one day off. Assure to get this off day outside the house, to ensure no additional work is requested. Filipina ladies get to gather on this day in Al-Bawadi district in Jeddah in some known houses and apartments.

3- Have some cash in your possession (6,000-8,000 SAR) (air-fare ticket price) and keep them in different places in your room, just in case of emergency leave, in worst case scenario.

4- Have your embassy's contact information available in your belongings.

5- Get to know some other flipina ladies in the community.

6- Have some Taxi drivers numbers (you could get it from entities in advices 4 and 5).

7- Request a crookie of the house (house address), just in emergency and keep a copy with your family.

8- I know it sounds weird, but invest in a Smart Phone (LG or Samsung) with Internet connection. There are Sawa cards here from STC with which you could charge your phone, and it contains Internet data. It is affordable and quiet convient. Just in case it gets super boring, and to stay in touch with current technology.

When I was little, a filipina nany used to take care of me and my little brother, especially when my mom was teaching. She used to be like a second Mom.

Not all people are alike. I like the fact that you have faith in people. However, it is smart to be cautious and prepared.

I am not trying to false-calm you down nor scare you here, my apologies if it seemed so.

You are more than welcome to text message me if you had any questions.

All the best is to you to whichever city or town you work in.

Welcome to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,

thank you so much for your comment i will do that.all the things you said.well as far as i know i believe my employer is a good family she is an actress and her husban is a director they had thier own production company they have 2 boys they also have a driver a housekeeper other nanny a filipina and me as their second filipino nanny they belong in a art and film making staff i belive and they also says that they are open minded people and they can speak fuently in english and she is a lawyer studied in US harvard.if you are familiar with named Reem Al Habib?she will be my future employer.rigth now i still waiting for an agency to all me to process my aplication

mumay wrote:

thank you so much for your comment i will do that.all the things you said.well as far as i know i believe my employer is a good family she is an actress and her husban is a director they had thier own production company they have 2 boys they also have a driver a housekeeper other nanny a filipina and me as their second filipino nanny they belong in a art and film making staff i belive and they also says that they are open minded people and they can speak fuently in english and she is a lawyer studied in US harvard.if you are familiar with named Reem Al Habib?she will be my future employer.rigth now i still waiting for an agency to all me to process my aplication

I have answered you in PM. Don't worry, I wish you all the best.

I think there are a lot, but I can't seem to find any.  If you find one please let me know.

Hi ,
I hope ur fine &everything goes well....
I am hani, Live in Jeddah, working in construction field ...
Looking for ur friendship

hogo12 wrote:

Hi ,
I hope ur fine &everything goes well....
I am hani, Live in Jeddah, working in construction field ...
Looking for ur friendship

She asked for Filipino women.  You're a woman? :huh:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm288/larryo340/Funny%20gifs/giggle-1.gif

RU her lawyer?????:D

hogo12 wrote:

RU her lawyer?????:D

No ... I am ... mutawa :mad:  You are under arrest!

Dude she is not even in this country yet, and she is not coming here to become your friend.  She wants advice from those of the same gender and in the same line of work as her regarding coming here.  Are you a Filipina nanny?

Thank for ur explanation Mr. Active:cool:

hogo12 wrote:

Thank for ur explanation Mr. Active:cool:

And what about Ms. Mutawa? :P

Blackcat99 wrote:

I needed a good laugh today and this thread is just too funny! LOL!!!.  Thank You all for the good laugh:)

You are easily amused.  That's a GOOD thing in Saudi Arabia :top:

mumay wrote:

I must say the profession or the education level does not gurantee an acceptable behaviour from employer here in Saudi. The dynamics here very different to rest of the world.

Most of the people who are rude here, are not out of choice. That is the only way they know. Ignorance, toppled with arrogrance here in Saudi is far too common.

Hope you get some decent employer and enjoy your stay in Saudi.

Eloquently and diplomatically stated.

hmmm, ur a pretty nanny for sure! All d best and really hope that you get a good and wonderful family to work with.

mumay wrote:

In an interview - i don't think that any prospective employer will show their ugly side (esp. for househelp-or nanny).Be it a prince, or any high ranking member of a society.
I could have advise you to try your luck for other job - outside of household, if you're already decided, i do pray that you get good bosses, you just have to be aware of their customs (however well-educated the family you are going to work with, and for the fact, that you'll be in KSA): like, not wearing skimpy clothes at home! ;) wish you all the best. :gloria

sh3hryar wrote:

Most of the people who are rude here, are not out of choice. That is the only way they know. Ignorance, toppled with arrogrance here in Saudi is far too common.

Hope you get some decent employer and enjoy your stay in Saudi.

@mumay - Hope things go well with the nanny duty, the folks here shared many important details I think you should really consider.

I am agreeing with what @sh3hryar said above - based on what I experience, I can't help but see the arrogance as a front they put when they feel insecure. Intimidation is a huge part behind it, it's like whoever overpower a tricky situation wins.

But I still feel people have a choice, even if they're hard-wired a certain way - the fact that there are still kind and considerate people around proves that.

i just  want to know  if  its  safe  to work there  in  riyadh ?i need  tips for  living  in riyadh guys  im looking  forward  of it! thanks .....

viovicentevarey wrote:

i just  want to know  if  its  safe  to work there  in  riyadh ?i need  tips for  living  in riyadh guys  im looking  forward  of it! thanks .....

Riyadh is a very safe city, you should not have any problems. Thousands of Filipino expatriates live and work in Riyadh in different sectors. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

hi dear,

It depends on what work you will do in KSA:

1- Working as housemaid:
a. Make sure the family are educated knowing English  fearing god doesn't have teenagers nor infants living in a big city  b. Inform your embassy of where you are about and keep the embassy contact numbers and police numbers with you
     always.
c. Make sure to know more than a Filipino in the city with their contact numbers.
d. Avoid to walk alone in the neighborhood especially during night.
e. Don't allow harassment from any member of the working place,
g. When you want to go to market use company's taxi like MONDO TAXI or EASY TAXI. (download the application to
    your cellphone from the APP store.
h. Treat employer and his family honestly and in nice way to avoid problems.

2. Working in Hospital or medical clinic: :)
a. Avoid un educated patients.
b. watch your manners, your make up and dignity in dress not to be attractive to avoid harm or sexual assault.
c. up to h same above.

Wishing a safe stay.

for more information and/or support don't hesitate to write me to:
[email protected]
Mu, The Gentle M

No Mutawa here!  :dumbom:

Thanks for your responce

hi deyya....i was so touched by your comments....you appreciate your nanny so much i think...

goodluck...they seems to be educated so less wories for you..other housemaid they come here without knowing who they will work for.... if they got filipinos within them thats additional security for you... seems you are very educated to be a nanny....welcome in advance....jeddah is a safe place for me...more comfortable than riyadh....

Hello, looking for Filipina friends in Jeddah
I am working in healthcare admin as a secretary in Jeddah, I do volunteering on recruiting, dataflow verification, and Saudi Commission registration for health cadres like physicians, nurses, pharmacists...etc. organizing event CME courses.
and solving critical cases for Saudi commission for health specialties
if you work in KSA right way nobody will touch you .
its very safe country.

@Deyaa1989 hi

Hello Teacher Ashraf Abubakr,

This thread/discussion is centred around filipino women in jeddah. Do you have anything to add in this regard?

Also, @Deyaa1989 is no longer active.

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@dataserve brother can you please send me a message I want to consult something about my SCFHS license thanks

Hello Marra,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do not hesitate to create a new discussion on the Jeddah forum to ask your questions.

Our members and myself, we will be more than happy to help you.1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Closed