The nightlife scene in Panama

Hello,

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Panama.

In Panama, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Panama?

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Panama?

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I am not a good one to ask, I am a Senior Citizen!  Plus I live in Boquete which is a town for older people.  I do know they have several bars and restaurants that have live music sometime, but it is not the town where you get dressed up and go dancing!  A younger person would be happier around the Panama City or Coronado area.  Those towns are more Cosmopolitan than Boquete!

But with that being said, Boquete is very safe at night.  Of course the common sense things to be said:  Stay on main roads, be aware of your surroundings, know that the later it gets, the more chance you take walking around (like walking at 11 pm as opposed to 3 am), don't flash your money or expensive purses and jewelry around.

The are where I live is a tourist town the weekends are busier than the weekdays.

You can dress up and go dancing! Our band (Monkey Nerve) is at Valle Escondido this Thursday, and Mike's Global every other Saturday. Last Saturday there was dancing all evening and it was so much fun. There's a lot of live music and many excellent musicians in Boquete - the Brewery Thurs-Sun, Big Daddy's, BCP sometimes... keep an eye on the usual news outlets.