Making new friends!

Hello everyone!

It's now my second week since relocating to Doha from London and me and my Mother are finding it hard making new friends and meeting new people. 😢😢

How does one make new friends around here!! Are there any places to go or any friendly people around?? 😢 We're getting quite bored and missing home.

I hate to be harsh but in order to make friends in Doha , you must be super hot (flashy) and easy going (the wrong way), needy (look like you can't do shit without his help) that is for male friends and for female ones you have to know people who know people who's got connections in many departements :maybe they need a drivers license test they don't wanna fail , a car ticket to be removed from the system etc , Oh and by the way you gotta have those conversations about what you ate and where you went and how you danced and all that crap , No one wanna hear about your bad day at work or how gome sick you are , yet you can complain about the weather if you want to.
Enough with sarcasm lol, but it will take more than 2 weeks to make friends , one advice don't make friends at work , it is lethal , especially if you've got potential.
Having ur mama around , not a good thing , they need you to be alone free and vulnerable.
Working in Doha is like being in an airplane , everything is single serving and single serving friends are the best actually.
You are welcome.

One more thing for female friends , shopping, you gotta love shopping and you gotta know how to use make up to make your nose look smaller.
If you ever engage in a conversation about your previous trips , avoid talking about culture , history, language, talk about consumable stuff, like what you ate, how was the hotel, what you bought, how you danced in the club ?

Wow, cynical much?

Nili_20, I recommend joining up with the expat ladies club, for fellowship and activities.

its easy, find a group on FB from your country, the easiest way to know how to handle new country, and it will be close to your culture and understanding,

How can i join that too :)

Hey Nili,

I feel for you and sorry to hear about your experiences in Doha. I am from London and I can truly understand how easy it is for us in the UK to make friends, chill and have a good laugh.

Like seabird mentioned, it is a good way to start and hopefully you will find some good friends.

All the best dude.

Hi Nili,

agree with you difficuilt to make friends here.
try to attend some events on meetup and internations
iam sure you will find some good friends
what you do in doha and which sector do you work:)

Go to decent bars, tipsy people are friendly and lots of them are nice and sophisticated . At least they talk about nice topics , I made lots of single serving friends there lol.

Hi @nili_20.Try out some social places like the Irish club in Doha.There u can find expatriates from all corners of the world socializing and having fun.Go where the people are,welcome to Qatar.