New in Doha

Hello everyone, just arrived this week.
Any suggestions on where to go and what to do, any organised trips or events??
Anyone know where I can play soccer locally or join a team??
Also to watch soccer in a hotel or bar???
I'm having withdrawal symptoms already lol.

hmmm i dont know what to say or tell you
you can meet new people and make friendship very easy here because people here are friendly.

if you like lets meet and have coffee.
[email protected]
Aziz

Im curently in the UAE but i moved from Doha, go to Garveys European family club off salwa road at the Ain Khalid round about, they have a football team and play in leagues, they are great people and have connections to help you with everything and would always welcome footaball players of all skills, they are good friends of mine and they have a great social group that you will make lots of friends straight away...hope this helps

Many Thanks. I will try, enjoy your day!

Hi I have recently moved to doha, I go to the sports bar in the old ramada to watch the football it is alike a pub atmosphere and good crowd of expatriates globally in their and as sarah says garveys has teams and connections

Hey Sarah, thanks for that.
Where is it exactly and when do you go??
I live almost at the rear of Lulu centre in Al Saad area.

Awwww... We call it soccer too! Where are you from?

Thanks Lucie, thanks Sarah.
from UK Squinn.

Hello Puzzle, We play football from time to time. But since my ACL injury few months ago i didn't kick a ball yet. I need few more months of rehab.

Watching soccer, hmmm i prefer doing this at home but you could try the bar in the ritz carlton hotel. I think a lot of people go there to watch matches.

I know its boring here, but when you have friends it'll be ok.

please email me if you need to know anything: [email protected]

PS: I'm a Liverpool fan lol

A liverpool fan, I will not mention Boltn then, ooops!
I support Aston Villa and Rangers.
I'm free to play anytime.

Sorry to hear of your injury, I myself suffered achilles tendon problem before.

I'm also trying to set up a football team here at HMC.
i don't think its boring here at all, as long as I'm occupied it's fine.

Will email later.  En Shallah!!

Enshalla, keep in touch and we will see if we can figure out where to watch the matches

Hi Puzzle

Welcome to Doha, hope you have settled in well?

You can watch the footie in the Sports Bar at the Ramada, loads of people go there. I go there cz i dont live too far from the Ramada, the atmosphere is great and the food is pub lunches :)

hope this helps
Ally

u can watch foootball in any of the sheeshas.. i mean soccer not the americN FOOTBALL... u visit any of the sheeshsa...

Hi evrebody,im thinking to move TO Doha and it seems that i need a sponsor for a residence carte.How can i get one?

ask any travel agency .. they will be having tourist visas.. upto 3 months u can extend that visa... in the mean time if u cud find a job.. ta da.. u can stay here ..

happy days...
cheers

Hi! Im also new in doha 1 month and like soccer a much
and would be likely to join if there is any futsal (5-a soccer) game I could join in near bin omran area.

many thanks

Hey there, Just moved to Doha myself a few weeks back.
If you wanna watch the football I would suggest the Marriott hotel, They have set up an awesome tent with loads of screens and a good bar with free entrance, also quite a few foreigners. I've also heard the Hilton have a cheap sports bar serving up good offers and food :)

can you pleas give the location in Ain Khalid

woow nice i like to go to the pub also hope the place is nice

Hi kingfemmy, Garveys is not a pub as they do not sell alcohol! If you still want to go it is off Salwa Road near the Kia showroom. Google it, the map is very good. Enjoy :)