New to Doha would like some frieeeends

Hello there, I am new to Doha and would like to meet some new people. I am female, 19 years old and come from England.

Hi and welcome on board JessSmith!

What about a longer intro?
What are you doing in Doha?

Regards
Armand

Armand wrote:

Hi and welcome on board JessSmith!

What about a longer intro?
What are you doing in Doha?

Regards
Armand

Wasn't too sure what to write about myself. Working and living with some family.

How about you?

Jess

Hi, Jess I'm will be arriving in Doha in a few days, I'm American. I'm new to the area also. I was living in Sydney, New South Wales for about a year before flying here. Maybe we can meet sometime, my email is

Hi all,

you are welcome to Qatar, and i am sure all of you will gonna like Qatar.

for sure you can find friends here and very easy to be found.
if you like to have coffee with me lets meet and talk to know each other better you can call me or email me

Aziz

Hi Jess,
Welcome to Qatar. Even I am looking for friends. Lets meet over a coffee. You can mail me at

Jay

Welcome to Doha, Its going to be boring here lol. Anyways I come from Bahrain and currently working here in Doha. I know this place very well. You can contact me if you through my email

hi Jess how are you finding Doha and Qatar in general??!

hi all

On 20 April at coffee beanery near Ramada hotel signal will be meeting up for new people here in Qatar who are members at expat.blog.com and till now 15 members will be attending this meeting i am hoping you guys will be there (male and female)

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=153987

Aziz

JessSmith wrote:

Hello there, I am new to Doha and would like to meet some new people. I am female, 19 years old and come from England.

Helo how you doing.What is the perpose of visting doha .just give me call i will assit you if you needed.

Hey dear,

New friends are always welcome :)
Feel free to write me @
Cheers
Mazen

Hii all, i am a 28 years old male from Africa. I Hold a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering and will be coming to Doha from France. i really wish i can meet good friends to make my stay worth-while.

has anyone found anything to do in this country yet? this is by far the most boring place I've ever been to

Hey London_boy

it depends on what you like to do.

Siteseeing - drive to the desert, dune bashing, quadbikes, camping or drive to the top of Qatar. Islamic art museum, walk along the corniche or go on a boat trip. Visit the souqs (there are many) enjoy the food and a shisha.

Clubs - paloma, lava and belgian bar(intercon), wahm and crystal (w hotel), qube, bubbles and sports bar (ramada), admirals (ritz) and pearl (marriott)and the rugby club (next to doha college)

Sports - Rugby, hockey, ice hockey, football, Gaelic football, sailing, fishing, diving, snorkling, bowling, snooker, golf (if you call that a sport) etc

Have a BBQ, cinema night, games night, pub quiz or boys night in (poker, action films etc :D)

I have arranged a get together on the forum for a game of bowling on fri, you are more than wlelcome to join us :)

There are things to do, you just have to sometimes make your own entertainment :)

Ally

Hi there folks

@londonboy:  :lol::lol:  I'm afraid you're right, pal ... my first impression is the same for the first 7 days of stay
@Jess:  be careful, you may see how many local Casanovas are around waiting for female thread ... :lol:

Hi all! I am also new here. Though I find it more interesting than the place I've been before-KSA. I feel I still want to add activities so as not to get bored, and of course meet new friends. My line is open if you'd like to (just in case) . Hope everyone gets a great experience with their stay in Doha. ;)

JessSmith wrote:

Hi how r u my friend am an indian new in qatar,I just saw ur message here I would like to be ur frnd ,if u wish contact me just for friendship

Hey Jess, welcome here, im aziza from Morocco, im new here also and looking for some new good friend,, im 25 years and working in media field :)) hope u enjoy life here,  there is a lot of good places to visite

Hi all im moving to Qatar in a week or so my wife is already there having started work last week.  I keep hearing that Doha is boring but then im hearing there are lots of activities and events going off.  Please clarify! im not fussed myself as ive got kids and DEFINITELY lots to do there ahem

also do you think im employable in Qatar
Where do i start well im a qualified football coach and scout for a pro club in england 15 years experience, i have a degree in Design Management and have worked for myself as designer in graphics, im a qualified Learning Mentor working with children from 5 upwards having worked in schools and associations with helping thousands of kids and young adults. I recently was chosen to carry the london 2012 olympic torch for all the work i have done within sport. oh and im football consultant and a black belt in kung fu and karate. Do you think im employable in Qatar.

[Moderated: Please communicate by PM]

@michyjolie - In english please on this Anglophone forum! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everyone im mich working now as admin staff here in doha.i juz want to ask, is it allow here to live 120 ladies in 1 villa?

Hi Jess,

I am an Australian and relatively new to Qatar. I'm also looking to meet new friends. Send me a message if you'd like to catch up for a coffee or drink sometime.

Hi,

Are u still in Doha

I will be living and working in Doha from 01/10/12.

So if you need a friend then let me know. I also will be going to the mentioned open Mic night at the "Irish Harp" in the Sheraton Hotel on  03/10/12. Seems like a good place to start networking with other expats.

az2ouza wrote:

Hey Jess, welcome here, im aziza from Morocco, im new here also and looking for some new good friend,, im 25 years and working in media field :)) hope u enjoy life here,  there is a lot of good places to visite

I tried to message you but i couldnt any way this is my e mail ***

Hai Ms. Jessi,
You are below the age of my only daughter. Why you came here? What you need from Qatar? How I can help you?

Murali

Hai,

most welcome to doha
if you need any information about Qatar contact me on

Moderated by Chris 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello suresh gopinath mohod,

Please note that this an old thread which has been inactive since 2012.

Christopher
Expat.com