New to Chengdu

Hi guys.

I'm completely new to Chengdu, I am looking to meet people, locals and expats. I love to travel and was most recently in Thailand teaching English  I returned home to England and took a job offer in Chengdu. I have now been here for 1 month and am having difficulty meeting people, I'm not that bad I promise.

Feel free to message or reply, Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Hi ryan88 and welcome to expat.com,
What kind of activity would  you like to do in Chengdu?

Anas,
expat.com team :)

Very simple Ryan, head to the Bookworm near the American Embassy, you will meet plenty of ex-pats.

You will also likely get a contact there for the British Chamber of Commerce who are very active with social events in Chengdu. Otherwise email me at pandabiz AT 163.com and I'll hook you up with them.

The Shamrock pub is even closer to the Embassy, but not as many ex-pats these days. My Wife started the Shamrock 14 years or so ago.

From the Embassy walk towards the major intersection, at the lights turn right and the Shamrock is 100 meters on the right. For the Bookworm, walk straight across the intersection and turn left (walk towards the road bridge) 200 meters on the right is the Sun hotel and a side street, the Bookworm is 50 meters on the left (last shop on the left too).

Get in a taxi and say fast: " may gwor ling sir gwon" (American Embassy) will get you to the American Embassy.

It's also the name of the road "may gwor ling sir gwon loo". "loo" (lu) means road.

Hi,there,Welcome to Chengdu,This is best city for me in China,hope you can love here and enjoy your time everyday.