Tax resident status

Hi ,

I have entered in Malaysia on 09.10.2017 and had a personal vacation from 28.06.2018 ( exit from KL) to 09.07.2018 ( Arrival at KL) except business trips . Now I am Tax Resident for both FY 2017 and 2018 as per Malaysian Tax laws. I have two questions in this regard.

1. Do I need to obtain any certificate from LHDN regarding fulfillment of   Tax Resident qualification for 2017 and 2018?
2. As I have used e-Gate ( automated clearance) on three occasions i.e.2 Arrival and one exit, the stamping on my passport is missing. However , I have got printed acknowledgement slips while arriving at KLIA and preserved the same were preserved. But during exit ( one occasion) ) I have not got even printed acknowledgement slips. My HR is telling we need to approach Malaysian Immigration and obtain letter to confirm Arrival and one exit dates on which i have used e-Gate ( automated clearance). Is it correct? if yes where can i get the letter?

Please help.

Just keep your boarding passes as proof. The company will need to issue a letter detailing your travel absences when you make your 2018 tax return.

Getting a Certificate of Residence from your tax office could be an option (again with letter from employer). At least then you will be prepared for any potential fall-out later on.

Thanks for swift reply. I preserved the Boarding passes