Life in Hong Kong

Hi all,

I arrived in HK 11 years ago and I immediately loved the challenges and life here. I have been working pretty much all the time in F&B industry, as manager and sommelier first, and as whole sale and retail manager of Italian , but not only, food products.
I'm actually managing and Italian food store offering the best of our national products and handling catering, take away food and events....
Sad to say that life has changed here. Rents are crazy high and salaries and profits are far away than 10 years ago. This is the reason I'm in this website, I'm open to new experiences in other countries, preference given to Indonesia (my wife is Indonesian), vietnam and Australia.

Thank you for your attention.

I totally agree with you about Hong Kong, it has really changed. I lived in HK in the late 1980's to the mid 1990's when it was still British and it was a wonderful places to live, affordable and an entrepreneurs dream. I started a company there which became very successful in a short matter of time. I have just had a holiday there with my family (Indonesian wife too), and while I still appreciate some of the nicer places like the islands and Stanley market, it has become so crowded and expensive and nowadays so many workers there cannot even speak English. You can go into a KFC and only order by pointing at the pictures. In the old days everyone spoke some English and mostly Cantonese. Nowadays the place is overcrowded and Mandarin speaking. It also feels sort of heartless.

Indonesia would be a nice place to live, that's where I moved to a few years ago, very relaxed and friendly people. The cost of living is much more affordable and great food here.