NOC Skill Type For Express Entry Canada

Hi All,

I am a new graduate who graduated from York University (Canada) from a 4 year BBA program. I am currently on a Post Graduate Work Permit (3 years valid) and just started working as  a Financial Services Representative in a investment firm.

I would like to apply for express entry next year after I work here 12 months and I would like to verify if my job description, title and qualification match the NOC Skill Level C (Code 6235).

Job Title: Financial Services Representative

WHAT YOU WILL DO
Provide prompt, courteous service to financial advisors and/or unitholders
Promptly respond to telephone and written inquiries for product and administrative information
Investigate account-related issues and determine appropriate actions to achieve resolution to such issues

WHAT YOU WILL BRING
Completion of post-secondary education (Commerce, Finance or Business Administration programs considered an asset)
1-2 years' experience in a customer service role
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
Professional, friendly, positive and enthusiastic telephone manner with a very strong focus on providing exceptional customer service

Hello Mazhar,

Congrats, you have completed many milestones to become a Permanent Resident (studies, post graduate work permit,...). That's a huge work, and it seems you are doing it in the right way.

I'm not sure the 6235 Noc Code applies to you. Your job description is more similar to 6551 - Customer services representatives - one, don't you think so?

You may talk about this issue to your employer. I hope they will be supportive with your project.

Hi what do you think about this job description

Title: Sales and Services Representative

Job Description:

Provides professional, responsive customer service to inbound client calls, assisting clients with their immediate financial needs.

This role typically receives 70-80 calls per day/shift while being seated for the full shift facing a computer.

Recommends products and services and/or shares information with clients to meet their immediate financial needs and provides superior, responsive execution and delivery of tailored client transactions.

Resolves problems at first point of contact in a friendly and helpful manner and refers more complex situations to RBC partners, as appropriate.

Adheres to compliance routines in carrying out transactions.

To achieve higher levels of proficiency and rewards in this role, effectiveness in selling RBC products, services and solutions to clients will be required