Builders in bulgaria

We have bought a property in Dobrina and have been using a Bulgarian lad to do the work on our house when we are not there. Unfortunately the standards of his work recently have been a bit lacking maybe due to his present personal problems. Is there anybody out there who can recommend any other Bulgarian builders or Brit builders who could take on the work?

After 3 years of experiencing numerous Bulgarian builders my advice is DO NOT use them.
They tell you they are Masters yet have no qualifications whatsoever.
They all begin work quite well however the work soon deteriorates into rubbish and still they demand money with threats of knocking down buildings with JCB's etc if you don't pay.

So, be aware, DO NOT use them all they want is your money.

Your problem is pretty common, you only have to read other situations on this Forum.

Thanks for the feedback. We have an English bloke who lives permanently  in Bulgaria  overseeing the work  thatthe young lad does, but I would be happier if we had an English builder instead. the frustration for me is that I am a builder but don,t  get enough annual holidays to do the work myself.

twinklecaz wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. We have an English bloke who lives permanently  in Bulgaria  overseeing the work  thatthe young lad does, but I would be happier if we had an English builder instead. the frustration for me is that I am a builder but don,t  get enough annual holidays to do the work myself.

This sounds so familiar.....

I am not sure if this will help but you can decide. Have a look at www.workaway.info

Hi just looking for a builder in or around Kovachitsa Lom area just to do some floor tiling for us ,any body you can recommend? Cheers Paul and Fran