Dealing with loneliness in Tanzania

Hello,

Expatriation can be a fun and exciting adventure, but it can also be a bit lonely at times. Please share with us some tips for dealing with loneliness.

What are some potential factors that lead to loneliness when moving to Tanzania?

How do you deal with feelings of loneliness?

Is it easy to expand or create a social network in Tanzania?

Are there any activities or events that encourage social meet ups and networking opportunities?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla,

Greetings from Morogoro, Tanzania. I am Bahati Richardson, workig with a youth and children's empowerment local national NGO in Tanzania know as YES I DO. I would like to welcome you to Morogoro and in particular.

On dealing with loneliness while in TZ you can get yourself involved with one of the following things;

1. There's a diplomatic (foreigners) group called Diplomatic Group; these have meetings I think monthly to socialize and have fun together and sometimes planning at agreeing on how to support the people of Tanzania through small but helpful grants by fundraising.

2. You can opt to join YES I DO; we usually have adventures to rural areas, natonal parks, camping and town tours with our volunteers/interns and supporters. You can register the category you prefer. Send and email to [email protected] for more info or you may call us at +255714736973.

You're welcome to Morogoro, the land of mountain ranges and wild animal homes.

Thank you,
Bahati.