Urgent- Pet Import Permits

Hello!

My husband and I are moving from Canada to Sunway and are awaiting his work permit for the school to book our flights (likely leaving in about 2 weeks).

We are bringing our 2 cats and everything is sorted in Canada. We have not been able to reach anyone in the Dept of Veterinary Services for a month and our embassy has been unsuccessful.

A pet moving agency has told us they can obtain the import permits in Malaysia for 880USD which we do not have.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to how these permits can be obtained quickly amd reasonably?

Thanks kindly,

Alanna

The rules changed and you need to engage a pet import company to obtain them.
https://ohmyexpatlife.com/2016/10/05/im … -malaysia/

Import Agent
Kuala Lumpur:

CTI Logistics
http://www.ctikul.com/
Phone: +60-12-315-0298
Email: [email protected]

The article also recommends full service providers and there is some useful dialogue at the end of the article .

Thanks very much :)

You need to hurry because you only can bring the cats with a quarantine reservation, my CTI agent ask me to have everything ready at least 2 week before my arrival...

Thanks Marcio. How was your experience with quarantine?

AlannaScrivens wrote:

Thanks Marcio. How was your experience with quarantine?

Was ok, they let me visit my cats everyday so i spend 4-5 hour with then, you can pay someone to take care of your cat(bring food and water) but i prefer to do it myself,  the room is hot so if you have a long hair cat will be nice to put a fan inside (bring a extension cable for it) or reserve a air condictioner room (they are the first to be booked, so no luck for me). The worse part was the travel to the quarentine, in KL is close to the airport almost 1 hour from the city center and if you dont have a car(like me) to go back was really annoying sometimes, i use the app grab but there is a little hard to find a driver.

keep in mind if you pay someone to go and feed your cat, they will go only for this(feed and clean the sand box), they will stay for 5 minutes, i saw this everyday  being there, anmd the cats will be in a room but inside a cage, so i went there everyday to open the cages, let then walk and play inside the room, this makes then eat more and be less stressed