Not having much luck here....

Hi all,

I would love to get to know people, I am a very sociable and fun, young girl!
I moved to London from Yorkshire several months ago and am wanting to make friends in London.

I was recommended this website from a friend of mine who used it when she moved to Greece and she made many friends through here.
Unfortunately, it looks like I'm not having much luck here....

Sonia.

Hi Sonia,

it's just a matter of time ;)

Where in London are you located ? Any hobby ?

Hi Julien!

I am based on the Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf area).

I like to hang out with my friends, catching up over a drink or two and challenging them to a game of pool or bowling! I love a bit of competition, as I do dance! Shopping is always good too but only after getting paid ofcourse hehe!

I moved to London by myself from the countryside / Yorkshire and the culture clash is insane! Have had many things to adjust to and being alone is one thing I don't want to adjust to nor get used to!

I am hoping this website can help me!!

=)

Canary Wharf is a nice area :)

I used to live in Canada Water (not very far) and really enjoyed it !

Have you tried going out near Aldgate / Shoreditch ?

Yes, I haven't been to Canada Water but yes, it is very close to me!

Aldgate, I haven't been to. What is there to look out for there?

I've been to Shoreditch a few times, it's a really cool place to hang out. Went to a few bars the weekend before last and went bowling and pool (lol!) this weekend just gone.

There seem to be lots of young, cool people there but I'm not the sort of person who will just talk to random people on a night out. I'd much rather go with people and network through their friends. That way, you know that you're able to trust the circle you're with... Does that make sense?

=)

Aldgate is a nice place with a few bars (I can't remember their name but they were really cool)

Does that make sense?

yes of course, I think it's the easiest way to make friends :)

Wow!
Are those the countries you've been hopping from and to?!

Looks incredible! Dunno how you do it! =)

Hola Sonia,

Vivo en Londres y conozco algunos lugares donde podriamos jugar pool y tomarnos una o dos copas mientras nos conocemos y pasamos un momento muy agradable?
Vivo casi 20 anos aqui y actualmente trabajo como bombero aqui en Londres.
Cuidate y espero que todo te vaya muy bien.

Manolo.

Hi Sonia - why don't you try some of the local meet up groups?  meetup.com

Hey Sonia Will be moving to London in a months time. Willl not know anybody there. maybe we can catch up for a drink. :)

Hey Sonia!!!

How are you?IŽm a spanish boy and in august i will go to birmingham to work hehe.

If you want,i give you my mail addrees and speak us some day ok?

My mail addrees is: [email protected]

See you soon and good luck in London!

Hello Yorkshire gal, Hw u doin? Which part ov da Yorkshir ur from, I used to Live in Scarborough now in Norfolk?

Hello Styla,How are you?I live in Madrid but in august i will go to Birmingham.

Hugh from spain

Hi Sonia, I work quite close, at Canary Wharf.

Send me a message if you would like to go for a coffee one day!

Cheers!

I work in canary wharf, new to London , let me know in we can meet up