Which area to move to?

Hi,

My husband and I currently spend half our time in Kent and half in Istanbul. (He's Turkish, I'm English).

We're thinking of starting a family next year and moving to Izmir - it seems to be a city that has it all! :)

Does anyone have any recommendations of areas we should look into? I saw a previous thread, but it's from 2013 and I guess the city has changed quite a bit since then.

Ideally we want to be near good transport links, either airport or the new Istanbul road, as we will still need to commute to Istanbul 2 days/week. We're not fussed about being city centre though as being from Kent, my only request about the big move will be a garden / plenty of outdoor space.

Hope someone has some nice ideas of areas to look into. We're planning on doing our first house hunt next weekend :)

Are there other areas outside the city centre someone can recommend? My husband and I are looking to move to Izmir next year and start a family.

We currently spend half our time in Istanbul where we work, and half in Kent.

Since we will still need to commute to Istanbul 2 days / week, it would be good to be near airport or the new road. But being English, my main priority is lots of space and a garden...

You can also check Güzelbahçe Yelki district.