Been offered a job in Saudi but I have cancer. Iqama possible?

Hi,

Could someone tell me if I can pass the blood test required for an iqama despite having cancer?  I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia which I manage with a daily pill.  My white blood cell count is considerably above the normal range so my condition would likely be detected in a blood test.

Thank you,
Abu M and M

If you come through GAMCA, then I am not sure as they mark people UNFIT for the slightest of reasons.

But I see from your profile that you are coming from the US; in that case, it might not be an issue as the real medical you need to do, would be in Saudi (pre-employment is from a normal clinic not GAMCA) and they really test for infectious diseases like TB, Hepatitis, HIV etc - not chronic ones.

To put your mind at ease, go to this link and read the document under rules & regulations.  This shows all the tests that GAMCA would do if you went through it and is indicative of the fitness level which is generally required.

https://gcchmc.org/Gcc/Login.aspx

However, make sure that your employer's insurance policy covers your condition as not all insurance plans cover chronic diseases and / or have a high limit.  Medical is really expensive here if you pay out of pocket.

XTang, much appreciated!