Successes in your career in Hungary

Hello,

Becoming an expat means starting over in a new country, and a lot of times that also means starting over in your career as well.

How have your skills and experiences evolved since moving to Hungary?

What does being successful in your career mean to you?

Can you share some tips about what to do and what to avoid in order to advance in your professional career in Hungary?

Can you share an inspirational career story with us?

Did you have to change careers or adapt your career to fit the job demands in Hungary?

How do you balance a successful career with your personal and social life?

What are the benefits of having work experience in different countries?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I think the biggest asset you can acquire is a Hungarian spouse. 

Then most of your problems are solved.

People who arrive in Hungary alone usually do not leave alone.

For my main career as a Psychologist I knew I could only do it in the English speaking world and my knowledge of criminal law is Uk based.
Also the Professional salary in Hungary is lower.
However, as a semi retired person I had a new lease of employment and got involved in English Conversation classes in Budapest.
I have enjoyed it and I might even get some further qualifications as a language teacher just for fun. I am already a qualified social science teacher so I have some qualification and skill already.
It did keep loneliness at bay one long harsh winter and I will probably continue with it.

It is very sociable and it pays enough to do some supermarket shopping or a few bills.
However my younger friends, who want to work much more than I do,  seem to earn a good living via teaching online  and doing private lessons