Looking for English speaking job in Pécs, Hungary

Hello! New expat looking for job in Pécs (very little Hungarian knowledge). Computer/electrical engineering background, 6+ years experience in electronics and systems engineering. I'm a native Spanish speaker, speak English as a 2nd language, and have intermediate Italian skills.

There are many opportunities in Budapest (have one job offer), but would rather stay in Pécs. I'd be willing to work outside my field if it means staying here, as my wife is doing school here and I love the city. It's also a great place to raise our newborn daughter.

Thanks!

Hi Kennyo00,

The Jobs in Hungary section is at your entire disposal, please do not hesitate to drop a job advert in this section.

Hope it helps.

Priscilla  :cheers:

@USASAM: I've had mixed luck contacting large multinationals in Hungary. Many of them require fluent Hungarian, some of them don't (much to my luck). As expected, your resume often gets lost in their HR systems. There seems to be a large market for skilled IT/engineering and customer service positions. I'd hope Spanish customer service could serve as a fallback should the software developer offer I accepted falls through.

Don't mean to be rude, but luck had nothing to do with speaking 3 languages. English is taught in PR schools as a requirement (it is an official language there anyway), though it is really up to the student to be proactive and learn it (which I did). It's a sad shame 2nd languages aren't required in the US school system. Italian I learned in college, again, a lot of effort went into it (no luck there). In fact, I'd have a minor in Italian if it weren't for a <expletive> mandatory lab course that conflicted with an Italian class by a half hour. C'e la vie... or something like that.

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some inappropriate posts have been removed from this topic.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Being on the lookout for a job (in Budapest), I venture the educated guess that you might have some luck with yourbackground+language skills even in a relatively smaller place. (I realize, that my English skills belong to the highest category here in Hungary, even in Budapest, probably the same for yours.)
But I don't know much about Pécs's job market tho, if there is any large multinational there. Generally there should be some shortage of IT related skills, but in my case it didn't get me a job in 1 month (only proficient in Matlab and a little in Python).
Amazing, but I did have some results (=interviews) with headhunter companies, such as
Exact solutions, profession.hu. jobline, Adecco, etc. but:  simply uploading your CV without applying for specific positions, is not fruitful, it is better you call them/email s.o. personally, or apply for a job.

I saw some positions of a multinational in Pécs, but I dont remember which . Hungary, and the whole region has lots of SCC jobs which ranges from simple telephone-desk task to more complex internal-IT-support or financial positions(of the latter I know little).  SCC names are Cognisant, Getronics, IT-services (a T-com daughter),  but also giants like HP or IBM do such things for themselves and other companies. (I briefly considered a german-Opel-support job at HP).