Is it possible to work here with a temporary residence permit?

Hello all,

I would like to know if it ok to work in Hungary if I have a temporary residence permit? I'm coming to Budapest soon to join my wife who are going to continue her study there. Appreciates your answer guys. Thanks.

p/s: I'm from non-european countries

velo wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to know if it ok to work in Hungary if I have a temporary residence permit? I'm coming to Budapest soon to join my wife who are going to continue her study there. Appreciates your answer guys. Thanks.

I do not think it will be possible.

fluffy2560 wrote:
velo wrote:

Hello all,

I do not think it will be possible.

I think it will only be illegal.

Seriously:

There is already a lot of unregistered employment, and enforcement concentrates on fining the employers as far as I know.

There's a lot of publicity for proposed labor and tax law changes in the works (I'll believe them when I see them...). Some agricultural and household work is going to get special status, but I don't think much attention will be paid to foreigners.

You can brew hard liquor without any permits to take my favorite example of upcoming reforms...

szocske wrote:

You can brew hard liquor without any permits to take my favorite example of upcoming reforms...

Jeez, how much productivity is going to go down the pan with that reform?

What I really want to know is how to make biodiesel or ethanol rather than palinka!

With so much agricultural capacity here in Hungary, and the price of fuel, you'd think it would be large alternate industry (instead of hobby palinka).

fluffy2560 wrote:

What I really want to know is how to make biodiesel or ethanol rather than palinka!

Sorry, that's still illegal in Hungary (evading fuel tax).
All used cooking oil is collected for export to Austria, where it can be refined to diesel fuel as it should be.

Rapeseed and sunflower grow here great, but we have a long way to go with regulations...

szocske wrote:

....Sorry, that's still illegal in Hungary (evading fuel tax). All used cooking oil is collected for export to Austria, where it can be refined to diesel fuel as it should be. Rapeseed and sunflower grow here great, but we have a long way to go with regulations...

Interesting. I'd have thought a little encouragement in alternative fuels would be worthwhile - reduce imports.

In the UK, it's possible to make your own biodiesel up to about 2500 litres a year without paying any fuel taxes. I think few people actually do it as getting hold of the cooking oil is not that easy. I imagine it's also very messy with some not so nice chemicals. However, I've seen people collecting cooking oils for conversion there. With all the agricultural buildings, summer houses/sheds and so on in Hungary, small scale production for use in say, tractors on farms should be encouraged.

You can see the type of thing going in the UK here:

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/twyntub100.html

See the pictures in this article to see how journalists got special permission from the tax office to test drive an out-of-service vehicle on private property with cooking oil from a sealed plastic container after paying the fuel tax on it...
http://totalcar.hu/magazin/kozelet/etolaj/

szocske wrote:

See the pictures in this article to see how journalists got special permission from the tax office to test drive an out-of-service vehicle on private property with cooking oil from a sealed plastic container after paying the fuel tax on it...
http://totalcar.hu/magazin/kozelet/etolaj/

So much for a Hungarian green agenda. Obviously they are fearful everyone would be manufacturing their own fuel and depriving the Government of revenue. Makes me wonder why it needs to be processed in Austria and not in Hungary where there are equally adequate skills.

I reckon collect the waste oil here, process it here, use it in public buses here. Everywhere else is doing it.

Bit off topic all this. Should be another thread.