How do I get to Ireland

I was wondering how do I go about getting to Ireland what are the steps to take and does my husband or I need to find work there first? I'm not sure how it all works I have 2 kids as well how does this affect my moving that side

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

A good start is at the top of this page; if you select the Handy Tools link, you'll get our Expat Guides; these contain things that may help you plan your journey.

Once you've read those, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

This didn't help me at all A: I'm already married and B: can south Africans move to Ireland and how

Then you haven't used it correctly; I just followed the link I pointed you to and there are articles written on:

Visas
Work
Accommodation
Taxes
Studying

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

This is a great link - however, question.....I'm seeing conflicting info (or I'm just not understanding).....for a work visa - do you have to have a job offer to apply for a work visa, or can you apply for one and then move there to find work?  Thanks!

elsmith27 wrote:

This is a great link - however, question.....I'm seeing conflicting info (or I'm just not understanding).....for a work visa - do you have to have a job offer to apply for a work visa, or can you apply for one and then move there to find work?  Thanks!

Hi Erin and welcome to the Forum.

You don't need a visa to join an Irish partner; however, you will need permission to stay with him for more than 90 days; you must also register with immigration.  It's probably best if you go to the Irish Government website and look there for the relevant information; it's quite easy to use; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hw Do I get To Ireland?

(Reply)

By boat, by plane, if you have wings you can fly or if you are Jesus you can walk over the water.
(Personally, I teleport there from the Starship Enterprise!)

Pat