Canada immigration process question

I was wondering if anyone have experience with immigration process.  I started sponsorship of my wife and her daughter back in July 2017.   In September, we informed Canadian Immigration Center (CIC) that my wife was pregnant.  In December, she was sent to do medical check up by CIC.  We inform CIC that we opt out to do X-ray since she was pregnant, which was part of the medical check up.  We were told that our file would be on hold until she delivers the baby and she gotten X-ray done.   they  told us we need to send a copy of birth certificate to resume the file.  In March 16, my wife delivered our son.  We went and gotten his birth certificate and sent it to CIC on April 8.  We haven't heard from them yet. 

Just wondering what is the process time line and how can we check if our file not on hold anymore.  We did contacted CIC on April 27 and still no response. 

Thank you

Hey CDN Fob,

where are you living right now? In VN or CDA?

There is a phone number that you can call immigration in Canada to check on the status.

Unfortunately I am in HCMC right now.  I can't call immigration since it is in Canada only ( I tried)

Hello

There is a government link you can check the process day to day, But I do not remember it. You should contact the Canadian embassy in Vietnam to get more information how to check process by online.

Hey Contem, the online status check isn't going to tell you much. The alternative is to do a long distance call...not the toll free number...u can still talk to them, but you'll have to pay for it.

TimHortonMuffin wrote:

Hey Contem, the online status check isn't going to tell you much. The alternative is to do a long distance call...not the toll free number...u can still talk to them, but you'll have to pay for it.

I understand, If you want more in datils then should call, There is nothing free. What I was given on here an just suggestion, I am not working in CIC or Embassy.

Thank you for all your info.  Any info are helpful.  I check the online status check daily but it is pretty useless.  I even tried to calling the Singapore visa office number but no one answer.  I guess i have to hurry up and wait for Singapore to respond.  The waiting is  torture