Card scammed

Not really sure if my question is gonna find an answer but Im giving a try

February this year I logged into my firstchoicepay account (Choice Bank LTD) to see what do I have there.Its been pretty much "saving" account from my part-time job that was supposed to pay my upcoming vacation.Shortly - vacation never happend =) I discovered 0.51$ on my balance instead of 1900$.Watching through transactions history I discovered money were withdrawn somewhere in the Mumbai (India)(I'm in Russia) week before i logged in.I've contacted support,blocked the card and filled some "Transaction Dispute" sheets.Now,what happend is that my card was most likely copied in one of the ATM/shop payment terminal and then sold/sent to India (Seems like its safer place for those criminals to work).This is pretty much the only way I could explain how could my money go,since I still had the card with me...

I've been told to wait 90 days for that transaction dispute to be processed.Been searching for information in that period and It seems overal international law and practice are finding cases like this to be bank/financial institution concerns and would require them to refund,which seems to be fair to me since I would expect my money to be safe if I'm following safe use rules.

Today,I finaly got the answer from bank -

It has been decided to refund you an amount of $1,000.00 as an act of good faith.
In order for us to initiate the refund, we ask that you fill out the attached form, to confirm acceptance of this refund. If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail and we will be happy to assist you.

The atteched form I got contains few graphs that are telling I got no claims to Firstchoicepay after getting those 1000$ as a refund.Honestly,I would probably sign in if we were talking about 1500$ at least,not to mention they re telling I have filed a dispute for a total amount of $1,804.49,which is about 100$ less then I actually have filled a dispute for,but getting just half of the money back....I would understand if we were talking about my card being physicly stolen or something of that kind.But at this case I absoloutley had no chances to protect myself anyhow.Only way to protect myself would be not using the card at all.It's clear this is banking system technical weakness and making card holder responsable for it seems to be just totaly unfair.This is pretty much what I answered them on that offer too.

The question is - How can I protect my rights here?

Any other info would be usefull too!

Thanks!

In US that happens all the time, people put little card readers in gas station cars readers or atms, etc. Hopefully they will get it resolved where you are not responsible in future instances.