Criminal record check in Vietnam.

I need one for my next job.  I've never had an entanglements with the law.

But,  I never registered and my landlord never registered in my new flat.

He did actually try but they told him to come back in three days and then he found out that nobody needs bother in this central ward.

Anyone done it?

Two Ways to get a criminal record, (I had same requirement)

Get one from your home country   (must be less than 6 month old) and get it certificated at your Embassy and translated

(VN way) Get the local police certification of residence in Viet nam then you should appear at Justice Dept to submit the form. It takes 7-15 days to get the non-criminal record certification. 

In this case you need help from your local/admin VN team to facilitate, i did this way as the one I had from my home country could not be used (online version, without big stamp)

Looks like this could be tricky as the landlord and me didn't register with local police as they told us not to bother.........

I need both UK and Vietnamese checks.  The paperwork and ridiculous bureaucracy is mind blowing.  Cost up 2000 percent since my last criminal record check.

Thank god for UK government privatisation giving us efficient,  good value  services hey?

Also.  UK embassy now no longer certifies docs.

So rip off courier to UK and back.

Privatisation costing people unnecessary 1-10 thousand percent mark ups for inferior service as usual.

viet agent wants 3.5 mill for a local crim rec check!!??

surely she should have a record at those prices

Just visit the local constabulary and they will backdate your registration for a "small fee".

MasterofDisaster:
FREDE offers two ways to get a criminal record. I know of a lot more!

Last time I looked at UK criminal record checks they needed  UK Postcode, to check outstanding warrants etc. It sound like you don't have that so how do you overcome? Which company is offering this service now the police don't do it?

I can use parents post code.  I have to lie and say I'm living in the UK,  otherwise my employer ( UK government!!!)  would have to apply and they don't know how to or want to!!

It can be done by nspcc,  alcro,  dbs or meditas.  An absolute disaster. No-one know who to use.  Costs are many times. More than before.  No free notarisation as before. 

Same disastrous chaos as UK embassies

Privatisation still ruining life's even when I've escaped the UK

In the UK a criminal Record check from the Disclosure & Barring Services costs £25.00 and takes (currently) 21 days for the certificate (which is very much bigger than A4) to arrive at a UK address. The record can be accessed from the web but not printed off. Anyone (company etc.) who has an account with DBS can, with your permission, access your clearance. However I would guess no one in Vietnam will hold such an account. The on line application takes less than 10 mins.

DBS no longer accepted according to the UK gi t,  meditas?  Or ALCRO.  Maybe nspcc,  I think nspcc is also out of date

DBS is not accepted by whom? DBS is a UK Government body. My (DBS) clearance gives me security clearance to airports anywhere in the world so I'm not quite sure what you say.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat … ng-service

^ that's what I thought. It's perhaps something to do with their jurisdiction or different ways of deciding what convictions are spent etc.

Worse yet, the UK Govt body (employing me) tells me to lie to (what used to be) another UK govt body. Madness.

Capitas, i think