Looking for Realtor help

Hello all.
I am looking at investing in the DR. Las Terrenas area especially appeals to me. I was hoping someone could help me understand how realtors work down in the DR.
Is it like in the US where all properties for sale are listed in the MLS and then any realtor can show you any property for sale? Or can they only show you properties that they have for sale and do not have access to properties that other realtors are selling?
Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.
Sophie

THere isn't an mls listing. If they know of the property for sale they can show it. The listing agent splits the commission like in the US. I just closed on my property in Las Terrenas this month and my realtor was excellent and very honest. Message me and I can give you his contact information.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

That was Sebastian not understanding code of conduct...but, you can PM me and I'll give you his information!  He's our real estate agent and knows the country the area and has great local contacts...speaks English and knows crazy North American expectations...haha

brodies2013 wrote:

That was Sebastian not understanding code of conduct...but, you can PM me and I'll give you his information!  He's our real estate agent and knows the country the area and has great local contacts...speaks English and knows crazy North American expectations...haha

Would also appreciate his details if possible

I have  in the Sosua/ Cabarete & their environs someone that I can vouch for. 30 years here, & not just motivated to scoop up fees at the cost o honesty. He truly wants to help folks find what they need & want. He has helped me in many ways to keep smiling. Has also helped many of my friends.  PM me for info.  By the way, I ain't got a dog in this fight.  Smile, you are in the DR.