It's finally happening! Las Terrenas here we come!

After years of intending and wanting to make the move, I will be moving with my 2 youngest children to Las Terrenas. My 18 year old is already in college and will be staying here. My husband will be travelling back and forth!

I will be replacing the director of the International School in Las Terrenas so I will actually have a job. My online coaching and healing business will still continue on the side!

Looking forward to sharing my experiences!

How exciting!!😄

Congrats!

Wow! Welcome back. I wondered what happened.  Good luck!

Congrats on the move and good luck.  Keep us posted.

Bob K

Happy for you. When the initial excitement wears off & the awareness of what you have done in all its' ramafications, then & only then will you begin to sense the true essence of this land. It is far more complex & subtle in its' beauty.  The land, the people, the sights, sounds & scents are only the beginning. Look,Listen, Learn, a mantra to live by.   Oh yeah, I almost forgot, bring tons of patience & unending smiles.

welcome to Las Terrenas

myself and my wife Helen welcome you and hope to be able to help with any needs and advice you have. We were in your position almost 12 years ago and were glad that the expats helped us settle in.
we had all sorts of great advice and introductions and would love to pass on our local knowledge, contacts and friends to you and your family.

Beast regards

Douglas and Helen

Yayyyyyyyy!!
Looking forward to seeing you all again my lovely :)

I'm even more happy for you when a real estate company offers you help or free. It is a rare thing in any country. If you were in my area, I only know of one such business.  Go with what you are comfortable with. Welcome to this island; so full of unexpected treasures & vistas.  Have fun, smile & laugh at  island time.  The real secret to island living. Truly, 40 years & still laughing most days.  I talk to myself a lot. I don't mind it, ......except when I lose the argument.

We're working on being there by the end of the year! Can't wait.  Will be renting initially and then we'll see. Working on all the logistics of shipping, etc.
Fingers crossed!

Congrats! Keep us posted with your experiences.
My wife Yngris and I plan on REFIRING in the DR in about 10 years.
Lived in Santiago between 89-90.
Love the DR.
Blessings, Nick Boork