Query

Helloo everyone,

I would like to know that what is the processing time for get a employment Visa in malaysia? And what is calling visa? Hope u rply soon...

Thanking you in advance

1. Job Offer

2. Application by employer to immigration in Malaysia for employment pass approval (VAL - visa approval letter)
Time = up to 1 month

If successful

3. "Calling visa" (actually called SEV - single entry visa, or VDR - visa with reference) application made by the person to the Malaysian consulate in home or current country using documents provided by immigration via the employer
Time = up to 1 month if a separate VDR approval is required  i.e. it was not part of the employment pass approval (most of the time for ITC workers the VAL contains the  VDR approval as well)

4. Enter Malaysia on VDR/SEV

5. Employment pass finalised by employer
Time = within 30 days of arrival

*Times differ depending where the job is located as all the systems are centralised in Putrajaya/KL.

Could you please tell the processing time normally...with in 45 working days?

Yes, it is possible within 45 days if the employer applies for the Visa approval and the VDR approval at the same time.

Some high-level positions (located in KL or Selangor States) get approval within 2-3 weeks.

A lot depends on which sector you work in (there are different systems and IT has it's own processing unit) and where in Malaysia the job is located.

If all the papers will come in 45 DayZ then with in how many dayz the departure occur ? Any validity? If won't go quickly can extend this to one month or some days

However long it takes you to get the single entry visa from the Malaysian embassy or consulate in your country.

The VDR approval letter is valid for 3 months

Once you get the sev in your passport it is also  valid for 3 months but you may have to show a flight reservation to get the sev stamped

Can I track the details of visa is it genuine or not when process is going on... checking vdr is original... is any way to track?

there is  no tracking system specifically  for the VDR but  of course the Malaysian  consulate  is  issuing  so it's  internally  controlled  and  any fakes show up when trying  to enter Malaysia

The ESD  website  has a visa approval tracking app but  mdec visa approval doesn't  show  up on the ESD system

I said bcoz of I am an Indian ...I have got a new vacancy in petronas refinery....I will have applied through a agency so I asked...how can I believe it's genuine....the money will pay like installment frst after embassy attestation and then after emplmnt cntrct and ticket will come

If they are asking you to pay money it is probably a job scam. There are a lot involving the Petronas name.

I think so....so I asked thanks for ur infrmtn...

Helllooooo, if calling letter will arrive ,then the job is sure? Genuine?

Will need to have a medical examination and be passed fit before a calling letter can be issued.

Where should the medical test be taken? At home country ???? Or in malaysia?