Selling deceased relatives car in bulgaria

Hi all,

We have left in a situation where my late step dads car in bulgaria needs to be sold.
The car runs but has a fault.
I know nothing of the vehicle owning system here in bulgaria, tax insurance etc.
We just need to get The car sold.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Hi,

it is best to list the car in the car ad sites(send me a message, if you want me to give you the URLs for them). If you are really in a hurry, visit a used car brokerage in your area. They will offer a low price usually, but will be the easiest option for you and they have the trucks that can easily take it, if it has problems. It depends what the car is, if it is really expensive, you may be better speaking to a few second hand dealers to get the best price.

You'll need a Death certificate and Certificate for his successors in order for you to have the deal done when you a re selling the car. If the don't have the time or the ability to be in Bulgaria, they have to provide notarised power of attorney to the person who will be doing the sell. Also the taxes of the vehicle have to be paid. If the y

Address a car broker. They will arrange everything for the sale.
Alternatively you can post ads in used cars selling websites like: mobile.bg, cars.bg, car24.bg, olx.bg.... etc. In this case you will have to manage the selling process.

Transferring car ownership from the deseased relative to you will take some time. Probably it will be possible to transfer ownership  directly to the new owner, but you have to speak to a public notary.

Hi there! We are English and buy & sell cars here in BG. What make, model, year? What is the problem with it? Any photos?