New Immigration Law Brazil (November 2017)

Dears,

i have been on this forum from quite a while  and been reading through some of the post of the elite members, which are very very helpful. actually i have registered on this forum almost a year and half ago, a few months after i started dating a Brazilian. i have learned quite alot from here but honestly never put that experience into application.

me and my Brazilian partner are currently living in Dubai  and recently we have decided to move to brazil. now we are in the process of documents collection.

the reason for this thread is that i haven't found anything on the forum regarding the New immigration law for brazil. i am sure many of you are aware that the VIPER visa is discontinued and now it is replaced by VITEM XI (temporary residence) and ofcourse RNE is replaced by CRNM.

if any of you have information on the new system i would really appreciate your help. i had few questions regarding this.

1. as i am going to brazil as a temporary resident, so how is it different from VIPER as i will still be applying for RNE (CRNM) and that probably will give me an indefinite stay in brazil.
2. secondly later on applying for citizenship , does it matter if my arrival was on VITEM (temporary visa) and not VIPER (permanent)

i believe that after getting the CRNM it doesnot matter if arrived on vitem or viper or whatever. but i still wanted to make sure if my thoughts are on right track.

thanks & regards

1. as i am going to brazil as a temporary resident, so how is it different from VIPER as i will still be applying for RNE (CRNM) and that probably will give me an indefinite stay in brazil.

In my opinion it is a similar process when you arrive in Brazil and just have been named differently.

2. secondly later on applying for citizenship , does it matter if my arrival was on VITEM (temporary visa) and not VIPER (permanent)

Doesn't make a difference

Hi..
I applied to renew my RNE/CRNM. Now I'm trying to see if the card is ready to pickup, but can't find where to do so.  I've combed thru website, but keep ending up at the same place.
If you know the link to check the status of the CRNM application, I would highly appreciate it.

Thank you...

there system is still not working properly, best advice is to keep checking your email and specially the spam mail folder as they send out an email when your cards are ready.  usually the cards are ready after 2 to 6 weeks from the date of application.