Contract dispute regarding an apartment.

I need an attorney to help me resolve a contract dispute regarding an apartment.  I want to discuss the contract details and the events (in brief) regarding an apartment I am renting in Copacabana.
My roommate who is part of the contract refuses to pay anything. We moved into the apartment in January 2018.  I paid ALL the fees relevant to the contract, and ALL the bills during our tenure there.  My roommate paid nothing (absolutely nothing)

I want to settle the contract, have the settlement registered so this I don't have a problem renting another apartment, or problems with the Federal Police if any.   I can be reached at the following WhatsApp phone number, or my email account below.

Thanking you in advance,
Keven Haynes

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

DAKzmyname,
Unfortunately, there are no attorneys listed in the Rio Business Directory here on Expat.com.
Your best bet is to ask a Brazilian friend or a professional you have a relationship with for a referral.  We found our attorney through our accountant; that personal connection really helps.
If that's not feasible, I've had pretty good luck in finding a lawyer through the website jusbrasil.com.br.  You can search by location and specialty, and Rio is sure to be well represented.  Good luck!

Thank you for your response.  I'll start my research today.

Regards,

Keven