Massage therapy career in Amsterdam

Hi All,
Im currently living in the states but after my recent trip to The Netherlands, I fell in love with Amsterdam. Im looking for information on how to work over there, Could i apply for a daft to open up a therapeutic massage business in Amsterdam? Would my massage license transfer over there? Ive been in my field for 16 years. Kind of crazy that I'd uproot everything but It would be worth it to live there. Id appreciate any and all information and/or job opportunities.
Thank you

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

No reason why you shouldn't apply; the details of applying for a self-employed work visa under the DAFT agreement can be found on the Dutch Government IND website; this link will take you there.

With regards to your license being recognised in Holland, I'd recommend you contact the "Nederlands Genootschap voor Sportmassage" (The Dutch Association for Sports Massage) and ask what you need to do for your current qualification to be recognised; their website and contact details can be found at this link.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Great info! Thank you so much!

Hi there,

I know this thread is a couple years old, but you sound like me! And I would love to know if you moved to Netherlands and started a massage practice and if you found any information about transferring your license.

Thanks and I hope you made it!

noakie wrote:

Hi there,

I know this thread is a couple years old, but you sound like me! And I would love to know if you moved to Netherlands and started a massage practice and if you found any information about transferring your license.

Thanks and I hope you made it!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Unfortunately, the OP has not been back on the Forum for a long time, so is unlikely to respond to your e-mail.

The advice she was given is still relevant, only COVID has tended to screw things up for everybody.

Hope this has helped.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you so much for letting me know! Ugh, Covid. Yes, everything is different. But I am looking forward to next year and hopefully it will be much better. I hope you are staying healthy and safe. Thanks again!

@noakie Hi. couple years again now. Wondering if you ever figured out any more information and out movie with a massage license? Wondering if you were able to make it our after the pandemic? Thanks!

@Massagegrl so.... did you do it?! I'm excited to know!

Hello Noel Aipa,

Welcome to expat.com!

Unfortunately, it's been more than 4 years since @Massagegrl was last active. It is highly unlikely that you receive an answer from her.

However, feel free to browse on the Netherlands forum. There are many recent and interesting discussions there.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team