Update : Dependent Pass for Indian National

Dear All,

Just wanted to share an update regarding my dependent pass application process. I was having a tough time getting my marriage certificate and son's birth certificate attested in my home state. It took nearly 2.5 months in getting the attestation done by state authorities. Meanwhile I had applied for relationship certificates for my wife and son here at Indian embassy in Kuala Lumpur and I used those documents while applying for dependent pass. Yesterday I received confirmation from ESD that my DP application has been approved.
Therefore any Indian national wanting to apply for DP and having trouble getting their marriage and birth certificates attested may use relationship certificates issued by Indian Embassy here in KL. For relationship certificate either spouse name should be endorsed in one of the passport. For more details you may visit BLS Intl website.

Thanks

Thanks for excellent feedback.

It would be interesting if you could confirm whether your family remained in India during this time and entered on a VDR

Yes, my family remained in India while VDR was being processed.

So that seems a good formula with spouse doing paperwork with BSL here on behalf of the dependents prior to travel as long as they are in EP holder's passport