Is it advisable to apply for a job from Singapore or shall I wait ?

Hi Krish,

My name is Jaivant and I am from Singapore. Planning to move to Canada with my family but am loss in terms of job applications. Is it advisable to apply for a job from Singapore or shall I wait for the reply for the application of my Express Entry and then start trying? PLs advice. I have a Diploma in Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering. And also more than 5 years of experience in Safety and Health industry.
Now I am working as a Management Executive in Raffles Medical Group in Singapore. Can you advise me on which sector is in demand in Canada too. Thank you so much and hope to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
Jaivant

It is very difficult to apply to and secure a Canadian job UNLESS you are physically present---recently arrived or immigrated is OK---in Canada.

There are exceptions. If you already work for KPMG Singapore, for example, you could probably arrange an international transfer to KPMG Vancouver or KPMG Toronto.

As you are a management executive in Raffles Medical Group in Singapore, consider arranging an international transfer through the Raffles Group head office in Toronto.

If you have confirmed job prospects in Canada, that can only help you.

Canada encourages the entry of immigrants, but there is a rating system and rules to go through for acceptance that can be complex and tedious and often looks cruel.

Essentially, with so many applicants, Canada tries to choose those best for the Canada. Other countries look for existing relatives in the destination country or substantial wealth. The ideal immigrants for Canada is a young family, with professional parents with needed skills and young children, hopefully with some Canadian language ability. (Quebec manages its own immigration into Canada using similar but mildly different criteria. The application and acceptance process is more rapid.)

You sound ideal.