How to deal with stress when moving to Saudi Arabia

Moving abroad is no easy feat. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with stress, so we invite you to share some insights regarding this topic.

What are the main factors that contribute to stress when moving to Saudi Arabia (cultural adaptation, moving with family, administrative and bureaucratic issues, language differences, etc.)?

What activities would you recommend to help deal with this type of stress?

What are some techniques that have helped you deal with stress?

Is there a way to avoid being stressed out or anxious when moving to Saudi Arabia?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

It is a very interesting topic, Making new friends and sharing your culture with other expats, of course doing prayers regularly in the beautiful mosques of Saudi  going for umrah is also a big stress buster for most of Muslim expats. Introvert new comers are biggest risk of developing stress and anxiety. Most of the expats  who have stayed long are very helpful to new comers in the Saudi, people have made their opinion that Egyptian expats are not good and Pakistani expats can be sometimes selfish, but i found it exactly quite the opposite , it is just how you deal with people in the long run that makes the difference

Thanks Priscilla for your post
Moving from country to another is not easy, especially depending on the traditions and nature of country or dealing with people
You can find yourself in winter or spring ...
so you have to be ready for the weather and adapt to it.
Currently,
It like a separation of migratory birds from Saudi Arabia, where the new laws in Saudi Arabia have made the most of people  return home because large expenses and living burdens
Life in the Gulf is not as before ...
so you should think carefully if you decide to travel to the Gulf to work.

Dear,
i do believe creation of community & friends here is a necessary move ;especially i am single here and am not thinking to bring family  ,since i travel to my country every 2 weeks,so new friends & new network is the name of the game here with similar background and experience.

Moving to Saudi Arabia is not as lucrative as before. However, it is still preferred destination for quite some people due to cultural, traditional cosiderations and also you could save considerable proportion of your earnings in Saudi.
Having said that, life in Saudi Arabia can be stressful as is in any part of this world. The more composure you keep and being ready for any eventuality in terms of getting things done will ease up the stress. Personally I had a course of anti-stress tablets to enhance the patience I have practiced, which; helped. Also listening to poems, speeches, etc. related to human psychology and current events of genuinely  inspired individuals helps a lot.
Be Patient.

I was born here.  :D:D:D  for me, what is it like, to go to my home country for the first time.  :/:/:/

I really disagree with the title, moving to anywhere could be stressful or a pleasant experience.

It just how and who.

I was warned not to visit India or Egypt, but by asking and preparing, it was a pleasant experience.

If you gather enough information and exert the effort to reach out to individuals in the country you one is moving to, then there should not be much to think about.

Plus for many Muslims, it's like a dream came true.

Just my opinion.
Regards,

Hi,
I agree with Dave!
Interestingly; most of the foreigners are here to earn a buck or two and finally be on their ways back. But if you get enough feedback and knowledge by sharing, just observing then you may even make that buck or two into a life style and enjoy ur life instead of being stressed. Most foreigners come here thinking to earn from one job, doing another and maximize the effort which eventually would stress anyone out anyway.
Saudi to me is a wonderful and enlightening experience contra to what most foreigners would say as they are on a treasure hunt to mint as much as possible while saying things which would scare other people like OMG! This place is stressful! Well thats the reason they are most probably on their way back on the same ship they came on.
Its calm, quite and crazy peaceful place which is highly family oriented and is based on cummunity around and what you can make out of it. I totally beleive if those are your goals then dont worry about stress, just keep your gaurds up for the foreigners who earn here but hate it while they eat from the same money they earned living here! Well hate the player not the game baby!

I wish you best of luck, while visiting here. Inshalla your trip or your stay would be nothing but a treat!

As i mentioned above; plz stay away from the foreigner who earn from this country and still pee in the plate that feeds them and their families!

Live long and prosper!

PS. I wonder; what they have to say about what i said above.

..... to be continued

Dear Xtc4surfer
Your post has relieved me from a huge stress which I have been into before moving to Saudi. Whenever I discuss with someone about moving to Saudi, people have differe opinions, some are good and some are so bad so that one could easily change his/her mind of moving there.

I wish you all the best luck for whichever direction you may chose inshalla🌹🌹🌹

When I come, I want to meet more locals, experience the culture, and learn about the history. I know I'm going to meet disgruntled expats too, but I do hope I can minimize contact with negative people. I'll be there because I've been dreaming about Arabia for several years.

Well then nice to meet you; inshalla your welcome in saudi arabia; we are in the middle of a wonderful change of embrassibg our women, empowering them and the whole kingdom is change for the better.
Cant say a lot for foreign teaching staff though? They are definitely on the way back as there are plenty of educated staff already in saudi who are saudis?
So plz enjoy, have fun and relax! Foregners are on the verge of tapping out over here. Good luck🌹

Thank you for your welcoming words, and your words of wisdom about the changing economy. That's the way it should be: If Saudis can do the job, companies should not hire foreigners.

I'm so grateful for this opportunity to work in the country I love. My contract is only one year, just enough time to experience the place more deeply than by going on vacation.

Best wishes to you