Planning to move to Malaysia

Hi there ,

Recently I live in Saudi Arabia but things here became so hard and lots of TAXs against expats and wonder if Malaysia is good choice to relocate or not .  for me they don't ask Visa for Syrians..

I'd like to hear your advises weather is worthy or not .

Hope to get some answers and help from you

Regards

You would need to get a job to live longer term in Malaysia. The employer would have to request a work permit. You need to be outside Malaysia while the application to immigration is processed. It can take up to one month.

So finding work and an employer who can offer you an employment pass is really the answer.

Malaysia is a good option but only for a few professions where companies can hire foreigners.

Malaysia is not like middle eastern countries - it has a strong workforce of local Malaysians and immigration will only allow companies to hire foreigners if no local Malaysian can be found to do the job.

Depends on your skills. But you do need a university degree and 2-3 years experience.

Gravitas wrote:

You would need to get a job to live longer term in Malaysia. The employer would have to request a work permit. You need to be outside Malaysia while the application to immigration is processed. It can take up to one month.

So finding work and an employer who can offer you an employment pass is really the answer.

Malaysia is a good option but only for a few professions where companies can hire foreigners.

Malaysia is not like middle eastern countries - it has a strong workforce of local Malaysians and immigration will only allow companies to hire foreigners if no local Malaysian can be found to do the job.

Depends on your skills. But you do need a university degree and 2-3 years experience.

Thank you very much for your reply . I didn't done my University degree but I've more than 10 years experience in administration and management field .. does that help too ?

It may be possible, but admin is generally not an area in which foreigners are hired, unless their language skills are important to an employer or they have some special experience that a company needs.

There are some BPO companies hiring, and depending on the markets their clients want to service, whether jobs will be available through them.

It would be good to use a couple of months to apply with an excellent CV to jobs you fit. The main portals are Jobstreet, Jora, Monster.

Don't be disheartened if you see the languages required are Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, etc. It is just indicating the company probably does not have the ability to recruit foreigners. So just ignore those jobs and keep searching.

Awesome . Thanks for your reply ..it helps

Thanks

Malaysian CV custom is to include a small photo on the CV and to list the type of work you have done in the past with previous employers. They like to look for matches in the skills that are required for the job.

This does mean that sometimes a CV does need a bit of re-writing for a specific type of application - i.e. one CV is probably not suitable for every job vacancy.

Right .. I do understand this method.. I've did my best in enhancing my C.V as it was part of my previous job .

Mind you to ask please.. better living in Kuala Lampur or what ? Do you recommend some companies I may contact and send my C.V?

Do it through replying to published vacancies. Look in Johor as well as other parts of Malaysia. What admin have you done?

Senior administration field / supervising in Recuritment department in one of big Companies in Riyadh City  , and business developing as well

To be 100% honest with you there is really almost no chance to get an HR job in Malaysia as it is one of the sectors that locals are employed in, because they know the local laws and employment market conditions. Check using your language skills as a first search

Thanks for your honesty . I will do my best any way . Gravitas , you deserve Expats.com Stars.. you the star of day

Thank you again