Shopping in Kuala Lumpur

Hello dear members,

I guess this could be an interesting topic. I invite all members in Kuala Lumpur (both locals & expats) to share their daily/weekly/monthly experience about shopping. You may also include some shopping tips/suggestions!

So can you please share with us:

>Where do you usually go for shopping?
(Shopping for basic products like Food, Vegetables, Meat)

>What are your favorite shopping malls/complex or boutique?
(Where you usually go to relax or to buy your clothing stuffs, shoes and other shopping related products!)

Awaiting for your contribution ;)

Best Regards

Hello everyone!

I've been living here in KL for more than 1 year and shopping has always been one of my interest whether it's grocery, clothes, shoes or bags - same as my husband, he loves to shop too!

If you're a fancy shopper then KLCC is for you - signatured items can be found there but if you're like me who loves to shop in a very affordable cost then Petaling Street and Times Square is the best one! In Petaling Street or China town, you can find fake watches, bags and items that are fake but in a good quality - there are stalls that the price depends on the quality that you choose but the tip is, don't accept their first offer of price - that's too much - go for half of the price and then just pretend that you don't want to buy it if they don't agree with you - they will give up and go for your price. :) The Times Square is a huge mall with loads of choices for your accessories, clothes and shoes - I go there most of the time.

For grocery shopping, I always go to Cold Storage - they have lots of choices for your food but if you want fresh meat, chicken and vegetables, you might want to go Pasar Taman Tun - it's a big market at the back of Pizza Hut in Damansara, Petaling Jaya.:)

I hope I did help and ENJOY SHOPPING!:)

Hi and welcome to the forum winlove!

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand

Thank you Armand!

Hello teamAsia! As I said in my post earlier you can go to Times Square, China town/ Petaling Street and BB Plaza. if you want signatured items you can go to KLCC or Signature Gardens. If you like going to the malls, you can go to the Curve, One Utama, Megamall and Empire mall.:)

Hi, I 'm frm Kuala Lumpur.
Usually I do my grocery purchase after my office hrs in some hypermarkets;
Eg Giant, Tesco, Carrefour, Econsave for pasta, soup & other cooking ingredients.

I do my beauty care shopping in Watsons & Guardian.

For clothing & accessories, I hav options for window shopping & buying online.
My pick 's Sg Wang & Times Square.
Thr 're many shops which offer clothes for young ladies & OLs with cheap price.

I do online shopping in Taobao (a China website) which I bought my Lolita apparels, some beauty care products which I can't fing in Malaysia.

Hi PhoenixLoh!

Thanks for sharing ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi everyone!

I'm staying in KL 1 month already and I really love the variety of shops and products.

Usually I go for clothes or jewellery to Midvalley as it's located close to my place and I can find everything there.

But the thing is, supermarkets here are so spacious! I guess I'm used to polish type of shops, much smaller. So I find grocery shopping quite time consuming.

I just tried online grocery shop, wanted to compare that with a "real" supermarket. I purchased some basic products in RedTick (redtick.com)and got it delivered straight to home on the next day. Price is just the same as in Jusco or even cheaper. You can give it a try as well :)

Best wishes

hello ZuzannaCh

you should come to 1 utama shopping and Curve for shopping

That is a lot shopping mall is different area of KL
Mid valley, Klcc, One utama, Sunway pyramid, The curve, Ikano, Bangsar village.......

You can find a lot of things for cheap price from

SOGO (KL) Department Store Sdn Bhd‎
190 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
50100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
03-2698-2111
klsogo.com.my‎

[Moderated]

How I Love shoppiiiiing...!! Stress release.. LOL.
My place only at KLCC & Pavilion since those place are the nearest place from my place.
For groceries, I usually go to Cold storage & isetan... Various food available there.

Might be a silly question but I'm moving to Malaysia from UK next week and wondering if its possible to buy large mens sizes there, ie size 12UK/47EU shoes or 34" length leg trousers etc? Am thinking that I might struggle with things like shoes/trousers and wondering if I should be bringing as much as I can when I move although I'd rather keep my luggage to a minimum and buy when I'm there.

hi yahonza
yea i dont think you will have too many problems...im 6'2" and havent had any problems with getting 34" seam trousers......prices tend to be higher here for western brand name clothes but there always seems to be a sale on somewhere.
i think shoes stop, in most shops, at around size 45, so that might be a bit more of a concern but you can internet shop of course

cool thanks, that's good to know.

Hello, my name is Philip from USA. We plan to live in KL for 2 yrs. Where would you recommend best to stay for a family of 3? I try to avoid of having a car so I need good metro train access and taxi. I will be working from home/condo and do not commute for that reason. Just need to be close to lots of good inexpensive restaurants.
Appreciate your feedback. Thank you much!

Well !
Very unfortunate that I am now not working and living in Kuala Lumpur. But my family do live in Cheras ! Not far from the house there are Carrefour and TESCO Hypermarkets nearby ! Most of the groceries can be bought it there ! And not far from the house there are also a Wet Market nearby ! We can buy chickens, meats, fish and etc there too ! But need to be there in the morning !And even once a week there will be a Sunday night market ! We can also buy all our food items there too ! Not to mentioned on every Saturday morning there will be a "PASAR TANI" nearby !

And for branded clothings and etc, I went shopping at KLCC, One Utama, Midvalley and etc !

Well hope this answers the questions ! Anyway mentioning all the above make me homesick and wanna fly home right now and order the Char Kuew Tiow at the corner stall there ! Or I do miss the "PECAL" at the Sunday night market !

It's good to shop in Time Square! Lots of cheap items especially clothes ;) love shopping!!

For more cheaper items, you may want to go to Petaling Street!!