Intercultural relationships in Cambodia

twinsguy20 wrote:

Oh yea jos right I just figured you in ! But with a woman it's tight, have you thought of teaching or taking on students in English, just a thought

Twinsguy, I'm on ss disability I am allowed to work but not if I go the retirement visa route. The last thing I want or need is a potential legal beef in a foreign country. I do however have a lot to learn about the culture in cambodia. Out of curiosity I created a profile on asian date .com and noticed quite a few women do indeed have jobs. Why wouldn't they keep the job to have money to spend however they wish? As I stated I'm not necessarily looking for a relationship, however companionship certainly wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened to me.

JoeKhmer wrote:
twinsguy20 wrote:

Oh yea jos right I just figured you in ! But with a woman it's tight, have you thought of teaching or taking on students in English, just a thought

Good point twinsguy, to open possibilities to increase the income.

Cheers.

Joe

Joe,
Are under the table jobs a possibility?

Two things:

1. dating sites are fake. profiles are fake, photos are not of the girl you talk to. Skip it and stick to reality.

2. working is no problem. You have to change your ER extension of stay for a EB extension, plus get a work permit. All possible. If you need to find a job you could also apply for a EG [general] extension for 6 months, but after that you have to either change to a EB if you found a job, or leave the country and come back to get a ER extension again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Joe, thanks for the reply your absolutely right I should never believe anything on a dating profile, as far as your explanation it definatly helped your patience is appreciated  :thanks: