MM2H Visa Recent Approvals

Hi All,  I am just curious to know if anyone has been given MM2H application approvals in the last couple of months ie. from January onwards.  I have an application pending approval since August. Seems like it is taking a long time.

5-6 months is the normal time taken these days for approval to be reached. On top of the approval time, it takes up to a further month to receive the Offer Letter.

Have you checked your status online at the MM2H government website? http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/apply-n … ion-status

@Gravitas,  By end February my application would have taken 7 months and yes I have been checking my application online. It is still pending committee approval. Agent informed me that the last batched approved was in December 2017.

Just as a side issue - did you notice this which seems to have been posted in January 2018 - it specifically mentions Singapore.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/images/pdf/GUIDE … 202017.pdf

I guess the Agents are the first people to know what is going on.

Letter of Good Conduct (LOGC) can only be obtained  in Singapore after MM2H letter is produced. So it is back to the waiting game. My agent is aware of this.

Hello, i have a friend who has already obtained social pass, now his son wanted to study at the local private high school. May i know how to proceed or apply ? As what i know, the school given them the offer letter but seems that need to send to immigration? Anyone know the procedure? Thanks in advance

It's easiest to use an Agent to do this. I think I have some phone numbers you can try. I will inbox them to you. Does the son already have a Pass and is living in Malaysia?

The immigration office is in Butterworth and you can do the process there.

Hi,

Yes, the son already had the mm2h visa, now only need to go to the Immigration for application?
I had 2 mm2h agents here, but they never apply for the dependent to study in Malaysia before, that's why i have no idea, trying to ask around at the forum.

Thanks for your fast reply. :)

OK there is a special system for MM2H holders.

Look on the www.mm2h.gov.my website for the permission to study page.

I think  the process has to be done in KL.

This is the MM2H page
http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/benefit … quirements

Alter Domus (MM2H Agent in Penang) are very experienced and may be able to help.

It only took me two months in Sarawak...but no agents allowed and you must find your own sponsor. In actuality it's a quite different program. It's essentially for 50+ in age (some exceptions in one has dependent children in hospital or local school)

Other Differences-
1) No agents allowed (although there may be one or two recently allowed)
2) Sponsor must sign promissary note to pay bond if acceptee is deported (depending upon country of origin this can range from RM200 to RM2000). On mainland, either applicant pays this refundable bond "up front" to immigration or to the agent.
3) No proof of liquid assets required
4) No proof of "good behavior" from the police in your former place of permanent residency required.
5) Only 5 Year Renewable Multi-Entry Visa (vs. 10 on the Peninsula) but was assured that if you still have your pension and haven't acquired drug addiction or untreatable communicable disease then "it's a formality".
6) You can actually live anywhere in Malaysia, but if you have MM2H you cannot live long term in Sarawak or Sabah.
7) You have two options to qualify a) Pension option ~ RM10,000/month (couple) or RM7000 (single)
OR b) Fixed Deposit option RM150,000 (couple) or RM100,000 (single)
8) You MUST Apply in Sarawak, not outside the country. This makes on susceptible to the "Journey Performed" Fee of RM2000 if you come in on a tourist pass.
9) Two month cycle from application to acceptance (rejection of incomplete or unqualified applicants usually occurs in the first two weeks).

The applicant who choses the "Fixed Deposit" option can take out money from the Fixed Deposit for purchase of property, healthcare, or child's education. A minimum of RM60,000 must remain established in the account.

While most States on the Peninsula have substantial minimums for the purchase of property (RM500,000 -RM1,500,000) in Sarawak it is only RM300,000.

We applied end of August 2017 and got approved like end of April 2018. 8 months.

Anyone here from USA that opened a bank account without actually visiting MY? very confused.

Hi cinnamonape, THANKYOU for all of your very useful info. I have lost the thread somehow but I read all of the posts on the Sarawak mm2h. I have one question please - I've spent time and can't find the answers anywhere else.  If I get a Sarawak mm2h and live in Penang, can I do up to 20 hrs work? ( is the no work rule only valid in Sarawak? Or everywhere in Malaysia ?). THANKYOU in advance for your help. X

You are current forbidden to work, even Part-Time, in Sarawak on the Sarawak M2H. You are required to transfer over to a work-permit. But I don't think that Sarawak would concern itself with any situation on the Peninsula.

But all permissions to work, even part-time, under the MM2H program on the Peninsula have to be cleared through the MM2H center in Putrajaya. It's a rather complex process for both the applicant and the employer.

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/ben … artime-job

I suspect it's a "benefit" that, because of the bureaucratic hurdles, is rarely actually received.

Hi G when I check that link nothing comes up.  ALL not found filed back in January.

When I asked the agent he said that site doesn't work.....

Some news today!
MM2H: Task force ditubuhkan bagi licinkan permohonan https://www.sinarharian.com.my/article/14910

Translated summary by my agent.

1. Tourism Ministry create special a task force to handle MM2H application.
2. The task force will start in March 19 and ends July 2019. Within that 4 months period they hope to finalize total of 3,727 applications.
3. Immigration & Police Depts. will involve.
4. So far 894 applications has been submitted to Mins of Home Affairs for approval.

No foreign entry until 9-1-20
Don't know when we will be able to go now as kids are back in school and summer is over? How long will they extend mmsh approvals?

"No foreign entry until 9-1-20 "

Source?

That was the new ruling, oh you can enter but will need 14 day quarantine for any foreigners who want to enter.