Expat visa processing time

Hello All,
I am from India and I got a job offer from one of the companies in Penang. I submitted all the documents for the visa process. My employer applied for expat visa yesterday (14-03-2018). How much time will it take for getting the approval letter?

Thanks in advance

Up to 4 weeks. You also need a Visa with Reference (VDR). It is collected from the Malaysian consulate in Chennai, Delhi or Mumbai. Depends whether the company applied for the VDR simultaneously. If not, the process can take additional time.

Thank you Gravitas,
My employer has applied along with VDR. Waiting for the approval.

MDEC applications can sometimes be quicker, e.g. 15-21 days maximum. Congratulations on the offer to move to Penang. It's a beautiful area and good living standard.

Thank You Gravitas

Hi All,

Good Evening ! I am from India. I have got the job offer in Seri Kembangan Malaysia. My Company informed that EP visa processing will take Min 3 - 6 month Maximum. But i understand from Forum that it will take only 4 weeks of time. Can anyone please advise the above comment. And also please share the list of documents to be required for submission of EP visa application. My employer did not access for any documents from me till now but it is been informed that they are processing with Malaysian Immigration.  Will this case possible ? Please help me.

I don't know if you are in the professional category i.e. have a degree etc. but if so  this guide will give you full information and Annex D describes the documents required. https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

But do note getting a work permit for a foreigner also requires the employer to have the right incorporation. So they could be doing this before making the application.

But you can check Professional EP progress here https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

IMPORTANT you need a single entry VISA WITH REFERENCE (VDR) to enter Malaysian to take up employment - so do be careful if the "employer" starts asking you for 1. Money or 2. to enter on a tourist visa.