Need information about category of EP with validity

Hello everybody,

I'm new on this forum. I'm working in Penang with III category EP.  Could anybody help me to understand the information about visas & validity of the same?

regards,
Amol

Not sure what information you need but ESD have produced a good and detailed  guide to immigration which can be accessed at their website.

The expiry date of the EP is printed on the passport sticker.

An EP is valid for a specific job with a named employer and is non-transferable. So changing jobs requires a new application.

Ok will check on ESD. Thanks for the info.

Hi Gravitas,

I'm specially writing to you because your an Expert!!!
This is Priyanka, working as a Business Analyst in an IT startup in Malaysia. I have a contract of 1 year with this company which will expire on 3rd Jan 2020 (in 1 month 13 days).
Now I have found a new job opportunity in Malaysia which is offering me more salary than my current employee. [again Employment Pass (Category III) ]

Now the problem is, I have booked flight tickets for Jan 2020 for my family long back this year and they are arriving to Malaysia on 12th Jan 2020. My family will be there till 9th Feb 2020.

I heard from my friend that I need to exit from Malaysia in order to process the work visa again with Employer B (and this rule is only for type 3 EP not type 1 and 2) . I want to know is it true ? If its so, then when should I leave from Malaysia in order to finish the process with Employer B before 12th Jan. (as I cannot go and stay in India when my family comes Malaysia  :sosad: )

Please help! Please Help me! to know if there is any alternative ? How and when should I start the process ? My salary range is from 3500-4000RM and I'm a Bachelors in Computer Engineering.

Today I have send formal resignation to my HR.

Please guide me on :
How long does it take for completing process stage 1 and 2 ??
Is there any other alternative like special pass so I do not need to exit from Malaysia?
When will I get the Income tax money ?
When should I ask my current company to release me so I can finish the process before 12th Jan?
Any other suggestions or Ideas also accepted.  :one

Many many thanks!!!!!! Looking eagerly forward to hear from you EXPERTS!!!!!!

Warm regards,
Priyanka Baddi.