Just bought some land on the Sittee River

Hi All,
Just bought a small plot of land on the Sitter River and I am looking for a reputable builder to build a couple of Canada's, any suggestions would be appreciated.

dbrodie wrote:

Hi All,
Just bought a small plot of land on the Sitter River and I am looking for a reputable builder to build a couple of Canada's, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Just curious as to the location.

The reason I ask, is in 2016, I looked at several properties as an investment on the North side of the river near and within the area where the road splits into two roads driving east. A couple of the properties appeared to have title problems, others were in the section that locals told me flooded regularly most years. The locations were otherwise spectacular on or near the north bank not far from the village. As this area is across the river from ‘Sanctuary Belize” (or whatever they call it now) it could be a great investment.

Yes the land is on the north side across from the 'Sanctuary' .  We researched the flooding issues and spoke to some people and understand it could happen.  I live in a Canadian city that had a devastating flood 5  years ago so unfortunately it can happen anywhere these days.  Now we are looking for a reputable builder and are excited to get one with this next phase.

If you are interested in alternative building, there is someone at the top of the Hopkins road who makes compressed earth blocks. I'm pretty sure he's Canadian. I can't remember the name of the company, but I'm sure if you search compressed earth blocks Belize, you will find it because I think he's the only one.

Is that Royale?  Contact Evan or Sandra.

That sounds right.

Are you in Calgary?

Yes, we live in Calgary.

@dbrodie I know this is an old thread but I'm currently in Calgary and am interested in the Sittee River area and would love to chat!

Are you in Calgary Alberta Canada?

@rmloose1978  Indeed I am.

@assistcontracting my husband and I are also in Calgary and we  bought land in sittee point a couple   of years ago

@rmloose1978

Is it in the area along the Sittee River that floods for awhile, almost every year?

Nope. its on the beach side in phase 2