Moving to Mexico with young children

Hello all! My husband and I have been planning a move to Mexico with our three young children ages 3, 5 and 7 as soon as he retires in spring of 2019. We have narrowed it down to Ajijic, San Miguel de Allende, and Merida. We plan to have our children attend a bilingual school. I speak Spanish but my husband and kids do not. I will be working full time online since my job is remote, so reliable internet is necessary.

Does anyone have any experience raising kids/living in these cities? I'd love to hear about schools, cost of living, pros and cons, etc. By the way, we have visited Ajijic and Merida several times (I lived with a family in Merida as a college student years ago too), but we have yet to visit SMA and plan to do so this year.

Thank you! Colleen

Hello - I am from Canada and living in Merida. Although I do not have kids, I have seen many eat families here with kids attending private schools. For more info I would join Facebook groups such as Yucatan Beach Friends & Merida Amigos to ask

Thank you!

@pantak how has your experience been? Are you still in MX? I'm looking to move with my 3 children as well. Trying to research areas.

@Kayla Fuentes hello and welcome !

It is better that you create your own topic on the Mexico forum so that members can help you.

It's been 5 years already since the initial poster last logged in to the website...

Regards

Bhavna

@Kayla Fuentes

Moved to MX with 2 children and pregnant and a dog. Did Cancun.  Not still there.  Moved back to Canada.  MX has its pluses and minuses for sure. Depending on what country your coming from with determine those. It was expensive for international private school. Food isn't any cheaper and now (since we lived there before 9 years ago for a year) prices for rentals has gone up a lot.  We lived on the other side before. Sunshine and beaches are nice but it was almost more money to move because of the schooling and extra curricular activities for the children versus Canada.  Good luck whatever you decide.